DISH Network SCAM!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I quit answering phone calls if i dont know the number....now the telemarketers are leaving messages.

I quit answering phone calls if i dont know the number....now the telemarketers are leaving messages.

I have had VoIP for years that have filters on it, also now have NoMoRobo and after a while they stop calling or I get the "One Ring" intercept. I moved my Mother over to it after having to clear the telco and phone blocking alternately every month of scam calls, and once I got them all use to just letting it ring and if they don't know the number letting it go to VM, the call rate has dropped dynamically. And it all started when Dad had to answer all calls and talk to every one. That put them on all kinds of lists. But with a little time and resources, it'll smooth out. I can look at the call logs for both accounts and there are relatively no SPAM calls anymore.

Reactions: Bruno
I don't know about iPhones but Google now tells me when I'm getting a spam call. My screen even turns red, it's blue when it's a normal call.
Screenshot_20161228-132717.png

Sent from my Nexus 6P using the SatelliteGuys app!

I like to play games with them. Anyone gotten the IRS scam? They threatened to send a police officer to my house by the time I got home from work. I advised them that I would be ready to meet him there. They were confused by the response, and asked if I was sure. Told them the call was being recorded by the FBI for other reasons, and suddenly the call ended.
For things like Dish and Utilities, tell them you would first like to authenticate them by starting a conference call with the first line of CS and if all is well, you'll be happy to release the information. They tend to hang up then as well. Basically the first threat back to them of any actual verification will usually have them hang up pretty quickly and remove your number.
I am still waiting for the Microsoft call so I can reverse the mirror and start deleting their files. I'm saddened I have not had the chance to do that yet.

Oh, and my lady gets atleast 3 scam mailers a day. Keep offering her credit cards. If they knew her credit, they'd just back away quickly...:eeek

You mean the "audit" group ? I thought they ask for a number that's auto-generated on intervals and shown on the System Info screen. But that brings up a good point - if Dish preaches "we'll never call and ask you for info", why should people believe these calls are legitimate?

I actually told them that "Dish Network will never call or email you and ask for your account number, smart card or receiver ID, please do not give out that information"

Which is actually word by word what we where required to read to all new customers.

Bastards still shut my account down when I refused to give them the info acting like a smart ass stating their own policy.

I had to have someone at corporate to turn my account back on.

I had 2 accounts at the time and they shut the other one off after I played games with that one also. There was only 1 receiver on that account that I was using at my apartment at the time. I took a showroom dealer demo box over there shortly after they shut me down and saved $100/mo. So much for trying to do things the right way and actually pay like everyone else.

I had a 3rd-party app that was pretty good, but maybe a bit intrusive for my taste. I didn't dig into it much to see if I could disable many of things it wanted to do. It's called TrueCaller. No idea if there's an iOS version. There may not be from the way I understand that Apple restricts access to many of the phone's functions.

Just checked.... there is an iOS version after all.

I thought Dish/Nagra was secure. Are all the latest cards subject to cloning as well or only the G3? Is that the shared key with a connection over the internet thing I heard about a while back or is that something else? I take it that Directv has had no issues for years.

I have had VoIP for years that have filters on it, also now have NoMoRobo and after a while they stop calling or I get the "One Ring" intercept. I moved my Mother over to it after having to clear the telco and phone blocking alternately every month of scam calls, and once I got them all use to just letting it ring and if they don't know the number letting it go to VM, the call rate has dropped dynamically. And it all started when Dad had to answer all calls and talk to every one. That put them on all kinds of lists. But with a little time and resources, it'll smooth out. I can look at the call logs for both accounts and there are relatively no SPAM calls anymore.

That's the great thing with voip providers. With a little tweaking and configuring, telemarketers and scammers can be just about eliminated. I use voip.ms and since it's not a "Vonage" type service the configuration settings are a bit more advanced which gives flexibility. The good part is the amount of items that can be custom configured helps to control which caller rings your voip line. Can't do that with a pots line especially when the phone co. is on the telemarketers side as they get a "commission" from those people who try and disrupt your dinner. I too have had voip for years and have never looked back. No b.s. fees, taxes, high prices, etc. Internet goes down, no problem as calls are auto forwarded to my cell. It's amazing what features voip provides.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)