Dish Network service vs Directv

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I think the main problem is that there isn't a firm training program and a firm accountability program for the techs to adhere to. It's left to the wallet of the company.

As far as installs. Stay away from the order takers i.e 800# contact a local retailer, thier the guys that take the time and do it correct.

hey dallas fan if you are a charlie installer you guys really DO put in pole mounts, phone jacks and wall fishes for FREE, how pathetic.

i REALLY didnt believe the posts!!?

directv hsp even charge for those services and the tech makes 75% of that.

A short story for you all

From what I have heard from the dish network installers in my neighborhood, they will give the customers just about everything they need to start their service, except install a phone jack (call your phone company for that). In terms of "Taking their time and installing it right" finding a good installer is hit or miss. Most of the local contracted out installers in my neighborhood are really bad. They are always in a rush to get in and get out so they can get more jobs done in a day. However, everyone I know that called the company directly had pretty much always had their system installed by a dish network employee and they never really had any problems. I had a contracter that installed my system and he did an awful job. Jagged holes in the walls, crappy looking black cords against a white wall, the satellite dish itself was not even mounted properly on the roof. I had to literally rip apart everything that idiot did and redo it myself. On an even worse case senerio, a family memeber of mine switched to directv from cable and so far it has been a living nightmare. First of all, the installer will charge you for anything. I was at their house when the system was being installed and it was no pretty site. The installer was going to charge him $30.00 dollars just because he wanted the switch box in the attic and not the roof since it would be a nasty eyesoar. The installer also complained and wanted to charge us for extra cabling since the way the house is laid out, he would have to make quite a long run. After an argument about wether or not directv should cover the initial setup fees for first time installations, I went up to the roof, took the directv dish down and gave it to the installer and told him to shove it, take his stuff and get out. I told my uncle to call dish and when he did, the came and did everything he asked them to do, ran all the cableing, and they went out of their way to make it all look very neat and orderly by wrapping up all the cords and using white coaxial cable inside the house. My uncle still has dish to this day and has stated many times that he will never switch again.
Another quick question
I am currently using a dishplayer 7100 at home which does have some name based recording features but I was wondering what happened to these units? I heard that when they were released there were major software problems and and problems between dish and microsoft. Does anyone remember what happened?

robert luzzi said:
11.25 per hour to drive that pretty van, please

im a certified directv TECH with SBCA certification

i make 280.00 per day 6 days per week

stuff it charlie!!!!!!!!!!!!

pole mounts arent free...........100.00

wall fishes 75.00 each turn of the fish tape

phone jacks, same as verizon, 65.00 each

40 foot ladder 75.00 to deliver

again charlie,,,,,stuff it
So your telling me that if you came and setup directv at someone's house, you would charge them $75.00 dollars if you had to use your ladder?

The installers showed yesterday AFTER a snow storm left 10 inched overnight. The had 6 cinderblocks in the back of the van & barely made it down the street. Luckily I had already cleaned my drive. I could not believe they showed up. They installed the new Dish where I wanted. Installed a 4x4 multiswitch & ran more wires. It was kind of an easy install I had the longest run of the house already done & the others I had the holes in the walls cut out to run wires.
I paid $49 for the 35 hour Tivo, but got the 70 hour one. Then the one side of the Tivo would not work. (they thought) He said he thought a tuner was bad, so he said he had guys he had on schedule that he'd come back. This is 9:40am. Around 2pm the company in charge of installs called & said they were letting customers know all the installs would be cancelled because of the storm. I was like, you know they were here at 8am...So a little later my installer calls to tell me he will be back by 8pm. At 7:10 he shows up & says I wasn't thinking, I bet it was your multiswitch. He gives me 6x8! Which is good because later I may add a Tivo and/or connect my old OTA antenna for other locals I don't currently get. I was so impressed of their working on my roof in the snow & driving in 10 inches of it I wrote them out a tip. (My wife said they get paid for this!) I said this was above & beyond the call. Besides now I have my Christmas present. The gift that keeps on giving....Tivo :)

stormchaser3003 said:
So your telling me that if you came and setup directv at someone's house, you would charge them $75.00 dollars if you had to use your ladder?

Obviously you didn't read his "entire" thread, he said a 40' ladder, do you have any idea how big of a ladder that is, the average ladder is only 24', and I don't blame him for charging extra for such a big ladder, I know because I manage a WISP with similar install experience, and I would charge for the same, that is not a ladder you want to be carrying all over town everyday.

I worked for a dealer installing E* here in town for a little while. I didn't get paid for pole mounts, wall fishes,...or anything like that. I got paid extra to put up a OTA antenna to get our locals before they got on the dish. Then I learned what the D* installers charge for and I said forget this. That's when I quit installing dishes. I know a guy that charges if he has to stick his head in the attic and the people will pay for this. D* installers definitely make more money that E* installers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts