Dish Network Sidegrade fee

sgtjim

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 22, 2003
Waldorf, Md.
Dish just pulled one that I think is unconsciable. My Latest bill came and I saw that they intended to charge me another full year for the HD PAK. Having recently switched to Comcast and keeping the Dish HD PAK (only because of HDNET), I called and told them I wanted to return to monthly billing. I realize that DISH has a downgrade fee of $5.00 for PROGRAMMING changes but they insist that a change in BILLING is a sidegrade. Well, they decided to waive the fee. I just feel that this fee is another reason to drop DISH altogether.

I knew of the sidegrade fee, but never to change from annual to monthly

When I moved, my local DMA switched from Minneapolis to Duluth, MN and they wanted to charge me $5 to change locals, even though I was forced to change local areas (due to DMA's).

I said keep em both and Dish let me....for about a week...then they caught it and nuked my Mpls locals :(

Yea, E* likes to add as many fees as they possibly can. Thats why ol' Charlie so fithy rich. Can you say more money for Charlie, I knew that you could boys and girls.

there is no side grade fee and who ever told you that is full of s**t i work at dish network and they only charge you a programming fee if its over 15$downgrade i think did you happen to get the opid of the csr??? and another thing has anyone here been transfored to tech more than 1 time a call?

While I think the fee is dumb, I understand they institute it to discourage people from adding say Showtime right before a boxing match or something, then dropping it the next day.

thejokermco said:
there is no side grade fee and who ever told you that is full of s**t i work at dish network and they only charge you a programming fee if its over 15$downgrade i think did you happen to get the opid of the csr??? and another thing has anyone here been transfored to tech more than 1 time a call?

What the F*** have you been smoking?

When I dropped the multi-sports pack and was charged $5
When I went from AT120 to AT60 and they charged me $5
When I went from AT60 to locals and they charged me $5

3 different people wanted to charge me $5 when I moved and changed local DMA's EVEN THOUGH I HAVE NO CHOICE.

Charlie must have brainwashed you too :)

Thats how o'l Charlie does it subliminal messaging. I was wondering how he keeps some of his subs. Some can break the spell and get away, Like me and find out the grass is more colorful (not as washed out) on the other side. :p

SatinKzo said:
While I think the fee is dumb, I understand they institute it to discourage people from adding say Showtime right before a boxing match or something, then dropping it the next day.

But DirecTV allows it and they don't charge anything, heck you can even do it online without calling a CSR and both Dish and DirecTV use the same billing software...

BFG said:
But DirecTV allows it and they don't charge anything, heck you can even do it online without calling a CSR and both Dish and DirecTV use the same billing software...

When I had DirecTV, the didn't charge for the upgrade, but always charged $5 downgrade/sidegrade fee. Maybe things have changed since then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)