Dish Network signal problem

gpatel76

Original poster
Feb 8, 2006
Hello All,
I am very new to satellite. I just got my Dishnetwork and it was professinaly installed. I also have two dishes. one of them is working and one of them is not working. One w/ international programming is working but I am not geting american programming. I tried to look at spillter(kind of) switches and they are in right places. At this point there is a storm at my place so Dishnetwork can not do any trouble shooting at this point. Although i know this problem is not because of the storm. Can someone suggest any other way to trouble shot this problem.
Thanks for your help. Thanks in advance.

~gpatel.

go to MENU 6-1-1 and do Check Switch. it should say 119 all 110 all and 61.5 or 148

Last edited:
Hey sorry i am little late but it is saying "Install switch sw21/3SAT". I believe i do have a switch there and its installed right. I appericiate your help.
Thanks,
Gpatel

the Status message is saying No switch box detected. do i need to go outside and check my connection again or something. I hope that is not the case becasue then i have to wait till weekends since we got 12" of snow in PA. Thanks again for all your help.

Yes, I think i figure it out what happened. My switch outside is not working right. After doing all the checking one of the dish is not working. I will have to go outside and fix the switches. Thanks for everyone for your help.

"sw21/3SAT" on a new install? That does NOT sound right AT ALL.

And a "professional install" should mean THEY come rght back and deal with it - NOT you. If YOU touch it, it's lkely to void the installation warranty!

Oh, and post the complete details of configuration, receiver models, etc. before asking any more questions, please.

IF it was the storm that was the issue having now run your check switch test it's now blinded and will not reconize the other satellites until a test is rerun.....

so retest after storm too

you have a 90 day warranty ... call dish after storm (and after you rerun check switch test) and let them know everything you already did so they can note it and go do the troubleshooting steps you didn't cover ... and just for referance all troubleshooting steps is avaliable at www.dishnetwork.com

and a dish recvr will give a false answer as far as switch model and it will say a sw21 when there isn't one ... it's like a defalt answer it gives you ... like the recvr knows there's something it's connected to ... but not sure of so it just gives you the default answer

Last edited:
mera said:
a dish recvr will give a false answer as far as switch model and it will say a sw21 when there isn't one
Only with certain unusual Legacy-type configurations.

If the receiver is hooked to a DishPro LNB/switch, it wil NOT report anything Legacy.

Did the installer have an issue getting in a signal on one of the satellites as the reason why there were two dishes installed? Is there two small dishes or one large dish and one smaller dish?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)