Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH NETWORK slashes prices for SUBSCRIBERS in select cities

Full-Year, Customized Offers Generate Savings Up to 32 Percent

ENGLEWOOD, Colo., July 19, 2005 - EchoStar Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) announced that its DISH Network(tm) satellite TV service has slashed prices up to 32 percent in six U.S. cities for a limited time, showing disgruntled cable customers there is a better alternative.

DISH Network has created an offer targeting Atlanta, Dallas, Kansas City, Mo., Indianapolis, Pittsburgh and Sacramento, Calif.

New customers in these cities can sign up for DISH Network's Digital Home Advantage, which includes more than 60 all-digital channels with locals, for only $19.99 per month for 12 months. Additionally, new subscribers receive three free months of HBO and Showtime. That's a savings of more than $200 off the regular price.

The offer - complete with free installation, no hardware to buy and a free digital video recorder (DVR) equipment upgrade with a one-year commitment - is available to new customers through Aug. 15. DISH Network's programming package features such popular channels as CNN, Discovery, ESPN, TNT and USA Network, as well as local channels.

DISH Network offers its subscribers the best value for all-digital programming and the latest in technology, while achieving the highest customer satisfaction ratings in the pay-TV industry.

For more information on DISH Network, visit www.dishnetwork.com, call 1-800-333-DISH (3474), or contact your local DISH Network retailer. For downloadable, print quality images of DISH Network equipment, installations or the DISH Network logo, visit www.dishnetwork.com/content/aboutus/presskit/print/index.shtml.

About EchoStar

EchoStar Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) serves more than 11.2 million satellite TV customers through its DISH NetworkÔ, the fastest growing U.S. provider of advanced digital television services in the last five years. DISH Network offers hundreds of video and audio channels, Interactive TV, HDTV, sports and international programming, together with professional installation and 24-hour customer service. Visit EchoStar's DISH Network at www.dishnetwork.com or call 1-800-333-DISH (3474).

PRESS CONTACT:

Mark Cicero, mark.cicero@echostar.com, 720-514-5351

###

welcome to the site troublefan.

i wonder if they will target cities that have fios coming to it. fios says more channels, better quality, and less money.

Indy I know isn't on that list. Besides, I beleive it is mostly SBC country anyways. SBC is planning on rolling out VDSL2, but I haven't heard that Indy was on that list yet.

I know I have FIOS fiber running in my back yard right now just waiting for it to be lit up. If the rumors on pricing are true with the AT180 equivilent package around the $45 price point, I wouldn't even hesitate to switch.

fios is only going to help all, by having lower prices, it is going to force directv, dish, and cable to keep their rates low.

the cable company in my area is already trying to redo their contract with the city.

garn9173 said:
What is "FIOS"?

A new Verizon service, based on fiber-optic technology, using FTTP (Fiber to the premises), that is providing its users with blazing fast high speed internet connections as we speak, and will provide phone, digital TV and other multimedia services, with lots of available bandwidth, in the not so distant future.

For more information, check here: Verizon Fios.

Everything Must Go!
Model 942 HD DVR's only $19.99!
Model 522 DVR's only $9.99!
Models 921 and 811 We Pay You!
Satellite programming only $2.19 per pound!

Offer not available in the 48 Continental United Sates, Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, Guam, or the District of Columbia.

Garypen,

I think our beloved Mets may be doing the functional equivalent over the next two weeks as we seem stuck at .500 once again......

Scott Greczkowski said:

Full-Year, Customized Offers Generate Savings Up to 32 Percent

ENGLEWOOD, Colo., July 19, 2005 - EchoStar Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) announced that its DISH Network(tm) satellite TV service has slashed prices up to 32 percent in six U.S. cities for a limited time, showing disgruntled cable customers there is a better alternative.

DISH Network has created an offer targeting Atlanta, Dallas, Kansas City, Mo., Indianapolis, Pittsburgh and Sacramento, Calif.

New customers in these cities can sign up for DISH Network's Digital Home Advantage, which includes more than 60 all-digital channels with locals, for only $19.99 per month for 12 months. Additionally, new subscribers receive three free months of HBO and Showtime. That's a savings of more than $200 off the regular price.

The offer - complete with free installation, no hardware to buy and a free digital video recorder (DVR) equipment upgrade with a one-year commitment - is available to new customers through Aug. 15. DISH Network's programming package features such popular channels as CNN, Discovery, ESPN, TNT and USA Network, as well as local channels.

DISH Network offers its subscribers the best value for all-digital programming and the latest in technology, while achieving the highest customer satisfaction ratings in the pay-TV industry.

For more information on DISH Network, visit www.dishnetwork.com, call 1-800-333-DISH (3474), or contact your local DISH Network retailer. For downloadable, print quality images of DISH Network equipment, installations or the DISH Network logo, visit www.dishnetwork.com/content/aboutus/presskit/print/index.shtml.

About EchoStar

EchoStar Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) serves more than 11.2 million satellite TV customers through its DISH NetworkÔ, the fastest growing U.S. provider of advanced digital television services in the last five years. DISH Network offers hundreds of video and audio channels, Interactive TV, HDTV, sports and international programming, together with professional installation and 24-hour customer service. Visit EchoStar's DISH Network at www.dishnetwork.com or call 1-800-333-DISH (3474).

PRESS CONTACT:

Mark Cicero, mark.cicero@echostar.com, 720-514-5351

###

Do they ever give people who already have Dish offers? for lower prices?

As a 7 year sub, I have gotten several reduced price deals over the years.

This include:

- a Dishplayer DVR for $99 with free PTV back when the list was $399 and PTV was $5/month. I used it for 4 years without ever paying a dollar for PTV functionality.

- Upgraded my 4000 receiver to a 4900 for $50.

- Recently received HD programming for half-price for a year.

- Have received 5 or 6 free PPV movies over the years.

- Recently was able to pick up an 811 on a lease for $25 upfront fee.

- Received a free Dish 500 upgrade a few years back, with free dish, lnb, lots of cabling, etc. Installed it myself for a $35 credit on my bill.

Overall it adds up to several hundred dollars of bennies.

I don't know why there is so much clamor for freebies for current subs. You pay a set fee for a fixed set of services. If it's a good deal, then just be happy with it. My phone company has never given me anything over the years. Neither has my power company or gas company. With 11M or so subs, Dish can't go around giving away a bunch of stuff. If they gave $100 of free stuff to each sub, it would cost them over $1 billion!

Who would pay this $1B? Why we would, in the form of increased rates. Then everyone would bitch about the rate increase.

Wow another great deal for the new subs and my bill is still $112 a month makes me want to go back to rabbit ears for 12 buxs, And the hits keep coming

Kevin_Texas said:
They are installing FIOS in my neighborhood right now.
"Coppell"

I too hope it helps to keep prices low.

The problem is it never affects current customers.

Verizon is in my neighborhood this week intalling their large orange cables this week. Can't wait to dump COMCAST. :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts