Dish Network special offers

Richard Fuller

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 31, 2003
Sometime last year I took advantage of Dish Network special offer of a 6000 for $149. Couldn't resist it at that price was planning on using in the bedroom still have to get the HDTV first. Were there any stipulations for this price I don't remember any? I maybe downgrading some of my Dish Network programming.

I just upgraded to the 811 and it is fantastic. Dish HD is awesome! I got a good deal. I upgraded from 2 basic receivers to a 811, 510 PVR/DVR and 301 all for only $99 installed. The install tech couldn't believe the deal I got.

When did you initially get this deal? How long did it take you to get the recievers?

Thanks,

I received my deal last year October or November. I think they stop the deal you can always check and see. After they ran that one they had one where they were doing the 811 for $199 if I remember correctly.

Dish Deal

HD921 said:
When did you initially get this deal? How long did it take you to get the recievers?

Thanks,

I made this deal 2 weeks ago and everything was installed/upgraded yesterday.

I was offered the 811 alone for 149 about 2 weeks ago but was informed it would take 6 to 8 weeks to get the reciever. I think its time to give them another call.

You can call Dish and ask them if you are under any sort of commitment with them. It'll be on their system. Typically there is some sort of programming commitment like AT60.

I called yesterday to check. When I took the 6000 I committed to a year of the HD package.

I just spoke to dish network and they said $149.00 for 811 is all they are offering to exclusive customers I guess I'm considered exclusive. and still a 6 week. Was the $99.00 deal because you were a new customer?

HD921 said:
I just spoke to dish network and they said $149.00 for 811 is all they are offering to exclusive customers I guess I'm considered exclusive. and still a 6 week. Was the $99.00 deal because you were a new customer?

No...I have been a customer for years. Even when I go into my account information online I get a pop-up that says that I qualify for a special deal for existing customers.

The install tech that came yesterday, said that he could not believe the deal I got.

Did I get lucky? Did the CSR make a mistake in my favor? I must say that a supervisor got on the phone (not by my request) and nicely asked that I promise to keep the HD package for atleast a year. I verified that my total charge on my credit card was indeed $99, which was credited to my Dish account.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)