Dish Network Sports Programming question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Brad Riha

Original poster
Mar 3, 2019
Wisconsin
Hi,
My family and I made a switch from Directv to Dish Network to take advantage of the New customer discounts to decrease our cable bill. I'm a huge MLB, NFL, NBA, and college sports fan. I was really in love with Directv because they carried all of the Fox Regional Sports Networks. My favorite MLB Team is the Milwaukee Brewers, so I was a big user of the FSN Wisconsin channel on Directv. When I signed up for the Top 200 package with Dish I fully expected FSN Wisconsin to be included in that group since that is the region where I live. However, try as I might I could not find FSN Wisconsin in any of Dishes Packages let alone my own. The thing I found even weirder was the fact that I was able to access Fox Sports Wisconsin' coverage of today's bucks game through one of the Sports alternate channels and there were many upcoming Bucks games that came up when I spoke Milwaukee Bucks basketball in my voice remote. However, When I tried to do the same for Milwaukee Brewer games nothing came up in the guide. I didn't even FSN Wisconsin anywhere in the top of the line package. I was able to watch today's Brewers VS. Cubs game Spring Training game but that was only because it was televised nationally on MLB Network Is there a way I can watch Milwaukee Brewers Regular season games on Dish without having to subscribe to the super expensive MLB Extra Innnings addon?
Thanks for your help!

Fox Sports Wisconsin is not on Dish 24/7 as a standalone channel. If you are in Wisconsin, I believe you get Fox Sports North full time, then the Fox Sports Wisconsin live events are on the alternate channels. That is what you experienced yesterday. The reason you didn't get the Brewers/Cubs game yesterday is that FS Wiscosin didn't broadcast the game so you weren't blacked out on MLB Network. When the regular season starts, all the Brewers games will be on one of the alternate channels. Today's Brewers game is on FS Wisconsin, and is on 412-35 (on the hopper) and 447 on the non Hoppers.

I looked into the multisports pack (which I have) for NESN and Dish says its there (on 412: 424) but its not. Maybe I've gone blind!!

I have been told NESN is not currently in multi-sports pack...but I don't currently have it to be able to check if that is accurate.

NESN and I believe MASN have not been in the pack for quite sometime. I wrote to NESN the reply I got was they were unaware of this and would find out why. Despite following up in another email I have never heard back. Must be a Area 51 type thing.... :biggrin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)