This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Dish network Super Dish and Stacked LNBs

ken2400

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2004
Central NY State
Wondering if a Dish network Super Dish with stacked LNBs would work on 97W?
If so what would be the settings for a FreeSat V8 Super receiver?

Thanks

Attachments

• dishnetworksuper.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 261
The FSS LNB (121°W) is linear and will work on 97W. Not sure about the V8 but a LOF of 10750/13850 should handle the bandstacked LNB

I tried on 97W... It does work to some degree. But the limited size of the dish and the mediocre performance of those stacked LNBs caused some problems. I think it was a combination of interference from 95W or 99W, and limited signal strength. I am however using one successfully for 123W for KBS. I set the LO to 10750 (or 10742 if I can, to compensate for the LO drift). The V transponders scan in with the expected frequencies, and the H Tps display some higher frequencies in the 13 GHz range due to the stacking. Most receivers don't have a proper setting for the bandstacked LO, if you enter it as a dual-band LNB, you'll get even crazier numbers as it will try to switch with 22k tone

so all in all, the stacking is a nice feature, allowing to get both polarities without swithing, on a single cable, at the cost of not-so-intuitive displayed frequencies, and mediocre performances.

this page has a pretty clear explanation of the stacked LNB:

also, it's fairly easy to replace the feed/LNB assembly with a regular linear LNBF with a mounting bracket. There's even a hole in the LNB arm that is perfectly located. I got better results that way than with the original stacked LNB.

I had that type of lnb when I started in FTA. Iceberg told me to scan vertical only since its dual stacked. Rather use a pll lnb instead for better signal.

Years ago I had access to a huge pile of SuperDishes and played with a bunch of those FSS linear LNBS.

I found an old DTV triple LNB that had removeable feed horns and grafted those onto the FSS LNBs.