Someone Vandalized My Dish !

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Cosmo Blatz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 13, 2014
S.E. WI and Central NV
I was out in Nevada for 5 weeks. When I got back ,I fired up my Ku receiver and there was zip signal across the arc. I when out to the dish to check the cables and immediately noticed that the LNB had been rotated from 0 degrees to -20 degrees. I tried to rotate the LNB back to 0 but the LNB was clamped down tight! WTF? I know the LNB was clamped down at 0 when I left, so someone actually loosened the screws, moved the LNB and then re-tightened the screws. Crazy! Anyway, I reset the LNB and checked for signals. Nothing. I found that the dish azimuth had been tweaked and the Stab motor clamps were messed up. I installed a replacement clamp from Ace Hardware and reused the other clamp. Remounted the dish on the motor and got the motor bracket back to level - with a hammer. All is good now! It appears that the GoeSat dish did not get bet out of shape. I’m still scratching my head about the rotated LNB.

I checked my yard surveillance video and couldn’t find a motion detected incident at the dish. There might be something on there, but I’m not going through 5 weeks of video.

Wow! Glad you were able to get it working again. Any neighbors or kids you have had issues with lately? Maybe drop a mention in passing while talking with them and see if you get any reaction. Of course, you could just review the camera footage a little at a time when you are able and you will have a definite answer. If it was me I would NEED to know how it happened. :rolleyes