dish network superdish to direct tv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mcarthur70

Original poster
Jul 19, 2005
im thinking about going to direct tv from dish .. to keep from going with there contract im going to buy a hd reciever from ebay and im wanting to know if i can use my super dish with thw 119 and 110 lnbs with direct to get there hd service and nfl sunday package ? has anyone tried this ? will the superdish switch work or should i just go buy a slimline ? just trying to save money ...and the dish is allready mounted thanks for any help ...

- First, be very careful about buying receivers for DirecTV from E-Bay. Except for H20's that were purchased before March 2006 or the HR21-Pro, all the HD receivers since then have been leased. I recommend getting the RID and access card number from the seller and calling DirecTV to make sure that it is actually a purchased receiver.

- You need the AT-9 or AU-9 Ka/Ku dish if you want HD, you can purchase them from vendors like SolidSignal. You'll need to find out if your local SD channels might be on 119 satellite, if yet then you need the 5LNB setup, else you can go with a 3LNB (assuming your locals aren't on 72.5 which needs a 2nd dish).

Check with Directv I don't believe you can start a "NEW" account with used equipment so you will be stuck into a contract. Now you could buy a HR21PRO and a Slimline dish which would probably put you at $300 or better and satisfy the new equipment requirement.

I really dont see you not being tied into a contract for becoming a d* sub. and the super dish will not work at all, the lnb wouldnt even pick up 119/110 for d* correctly. you need a ka/ku for HD service, but would need a 18x20 or 18 for standard too, you cant use the dishnet dish, or switch for that matter. completely different signals.

If your goal is to save money, then sign up the conventional way and get all of their dozens of dollars in promotions along with free equipment and installation.

If your goal is to avoid a contract, you'll probably not realize it with DIRECTV.

Do you really plan on switching in two years? If so, why go through the hassle of signing up? If you're worried you won't like the service, I believe you can cancel in the first 30 days.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts