Dish Network Support - And some questions about HD DVRs

occ

Original poster
Jul 11, 2007
I've been reading the forums for the past 30 minutes, so hopefully this is the right section for my topic. I didn't see any topics that would have answered my question.

I tried emailing Dish Network about my question, but it seems as they didn't even read my question.

I'll paste my question with their reply so you'll understand what I'm saying.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Full Name: **********

Account Number: 8255-

Question: I am looking at buying cable/sat TV, but still looking at my

options. Currently you offer local channels in my area, but no HD

Channels. I can receive these local channels in HD through my antenna.

My question is, if I purchase the DishHD, along with a HD-DVR, will I be

able to record Local HD channels from my antenna to the HD-DVR?

One other question. I do not have a local phone (Only cell phone). How

will this effect me if I purchase a dish package from you? Will I still be

able to buy pay per view movies?

Thanks,

Chris

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Their response:

Dear ********* ,
Thank you for your e-mail. We appreciate your interest in our service. Be informed that a DISH MPEG-4 HD receiver will be needed to get the locals in High Definition once they become available. Please call our customer service number, 1-800-333-3474 for the promotion available that you may qualify for.
Your business is greatly appreciated and we thank you for allowing us to be of assistance to you. If you have any further questions or concerns, please refer to DISH Network -- Home or reply to this email.

Sincerely,
Sienna H.
TID: OR-Chrysler
Dish Network e-Care

As you can tell, she didn't even answer the question I had about the phone line. This response has effected my purchase with Dish Network, does their support really suck this bad, or did I get a dead beat worker?

Thanks in Advanced,
chris

Question: I am looking at buying cable/sat TV, but still looking at my

options. Currently you offer local channels in my area, but no HD

Channels. I can receive these local channels in HD through my antenna.

My question is, if I purchase the DishHD, along with a HD-DVR, will I be

able to record Local HD channels from my antenna to the HD-DVR?

Yes, the ViP622 MPEG-4 HD DVR will do this. I do it all the time. You'll set it to record just like a VCR.

One other question. I do not have a local phone (Only cell phone). How

will this effect me if I purchase a dish package from you?

You'll have to pay $5/month with no phone land line. But this will likely change next month, if you hook it up to the internet via the RJ-45 port (and avoid the $5/mo fee).

Will I still be able to buy pay per view movies?

Yes, via internet at Dish site, or by calling on phone. I think if you call, it's a dollar extra.

Thanks,

Chris

Thanks in Advanced,
chris

We have an expression here: CSR roulette. You'd do best to get thru to tech support for all your questions/actions.

You can record the over the air channels but you will not get guide data for those channels unless you subscribe to the SD locals for your city. You will have to set manual timers to record a local HD show.

Wow, that's sad. You guys (that I know of) don't work for Dish network and you helped me out more than they did. I'm not going with DirectTV because of the stories I've heard about them. I think I'm going to try out my local cable provider for now. Maybe in another year I'll see if Dish Network gets their act together.

Thanks again!

Wow, that's sad. You guys (that I know of) don't work for Dish network and you helped me out more than they did. I'm not going with DirectTV because of the stories I've heard about them. I think I'm going to try out my local cable provider for now. Maybe in another year I'll see if Dish Network gets their act together.

Thanks again!
You can go with whoever you like, but I wouldn't judge Dish by there CSR's. Customers service isn't very good anywhere.

You can go with whoever you like, but I wouldn't judge Dish by there CSR's. Customers service isn't very good anywhere.
Agreed. Years ago I had Comcast CSR nightmares out the wazoo!
Also, you're better off calling for tech support instead of e-mail.

Thanks again!

The vip622 rocks!

What is needed now is to have the external storage option enabled.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)