Combining 2 coax to 1 coax on Dish dual tuner

bonesboy

Original poster
May 7, 2007
I currently have 3 Dish Network receivers in the house.

2 are single tuners and 1 is a dual tuner. I also have 2 antennas - a Dish 500 and a second for 61.5 hooked up to all 3 boxes.

What type of Dish Network switch should I have to combine my 2 coax wires in 1?

The dual tuner is a DVR 625 and I have the combiner "Y" coax cable that came with it.

I basically want to get rid of one wire coming in to the house.

How should this be setup?

The cheapest way would be to change to a 1000.2 dish with built in switch"if your location will permit it". Otherwise, you need a DPP twin or two DPP singles on the 500 a DPP single on the 61.5 and a DPP44 switch.

Last edited:
Something about your explanation sounds amis..

In the first place there is no need to change anything if it works.. Not sure what the combiner "Y" coax cable is.. If you have a little box on the back of your receiver that splits the one cable to two (a separator) then you already have one cable coming to your 625.. If you have two cables coming to your 625 from the dish or switch then you can eliminate one of those by changing your switch to a DPP44 switch (about $160). Or buying a Dish 1000.2 for whatever the going rate is today. But why pay money to fix something that isn't broke.

The cheapest way would be to change to a 1000.2 dish with built in switch"if your location will permit it". Otherwise, you need a DPP twin or two DPP singles on the 500 a DPP single on the 61.5 and a DPP44 switch.

No such thing as a DPP single, and if he doesn't already have a DPP twin there is no reason to purchase one. A standard DP twin or 2 DP duals will work fine with a DPP 44 switch.

To the OP... if you really want to eliminate the extra line to your 625 you will need either a 1000.2 dish or a DPP 44 switch as already posted. If you go with the 1000.2 you will have to go through the process of assembling and aligning a new dish, and have to deal with the weaker signal of 129. A 44 switch is pretty simple to install and doesn't require you to mess with your current dishes, and you probably wont even have to go to the roof. Also, a 1000.2 is maxed out at 3 receivers...the 44 switch will allow you to add a 4th receiver in the future.

I do have a DPP44 switch with 3 LNB's going in and 4 coax lines going to 3 receiver boxes (1 is dual tuner)

How do I combine the 2 coax onto 1 coax for the dual tuner?

Attached is a picture of my DPP44 switch setup.

No such thing as a DPP single, and if he doesn't already have a DPP twin there is no reason to purchase one. A standard DP twin or 2 DP duals will work fine with a DPP 44 switch.

To the OP... if you really want to eliminate the extra line to your 625 you will need either a 1000.2 dish or a DPP 44 switch as already posted. If you go with the 1000.2 you will have to go through the process of assembling and aligning a new dish, and have to deal with the weaker signal of 129. A 44 switch is pretty simple to install and doesn't require you to mess with your current dishes, and you probably wont even have to go to the roof. Also, a 1000.2 is maxed out at 3 receivers...the 44 switch will allow you to add a 4th receiver in the future.

Attachments

• DSC01061.JPG
    DSC01061.JPG
    842.4 KB · Views: 408
I do have a DPP44 switch with 3 LNB's going in and 4 coax lines going to 3 receiver boxes (1 is dual tuner)

How do I combine the 2 coax onto 1 coax for the dual tuner?

Attached is a picture of my DPP44 switch setup.

Assuming you have a (A) power inserter powering the DPP44 and (B) your separator (long story short, overcomes the need for two feeds from the switch), then it should be a simple matter of using one of the feeds going into your dual-tuner, running into your separator, and going from there.

Seems odd that the installer used 2 lines off of a DPP44 to your 625, but I've certainly seen worse. If that is the case you just need to disconnect both lines from the back of your receiver and connect one of them to the DPP seperator 'the combiner "Y" coax cable' and connect the seperator to both inputs of your receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)