Dish Network Tech Chat (Feb 21st)

Briant73 said:
What disappoints me is Dish has been announcing / promising this service for a year now it seems, and still no true delivery date. I guess if Charlie said we will have a good idea by next tech chat when it will be available that's one thing but to say it will be done is another. Now it could be anywhere from today until 12-31-05 that it shows up. I hope Dish understands that not only is it a feature a lot of people want, but also that it's good to keep credibility with their customers after promising it time and time again.

Those of us who have been with Dish for awhile remember many similar promises made over the years. Does anyone remember how long it actually took before they upgraded all of the 3800s and 4700s with the ITV features? I seem to recall it took something like two years from the time I got my 3800 until it was upgraded to a 3900. Then about a year and a half later I bought two 301s on closeout at WalMart for $25 apiece and retired the 3900. I suspect something similar will happen here. Right about the time they get the 50x DVRs set up right everyone will start wanting a 522 or 625 or something like that, then THOSE units will be waiting on something. It just never ends.

You know it is bad that Dish strings its customers along like this.

They make promises for features and it sometimes takes them years to deliver on them. Too bad I can't withhold payment for as long as it takes them to get promised features working on their recievers.

I bet if that was the case then all receivers sold would have all the advertised features out of the box. :D

Speaking of broken promises and D-VHS, the JVC HM-DSR100 was supposed to be able to record HD and display it using the 5000's HD Modulator. But, as it turned out, the HM-DSR100 D-VHS deck didn't have the bandwidth to record HD (limited to 12 Mbps, I think,) so it became a Very Expensive Way to record SD programming.

And I believe my original 6000 had the OpenTV logo on it. Still waiting for that, too... ;)

psycaz said:
Scott,
Any official word as to why the BIg change in the date for NBR?
Unofficially, it's because that's how long it will take.

Tunaboy was talking out of his @$$ as usual.

When he said it would be ready by 2/14/5, I heard the groans all the way up here - and I wasn't even watching the show!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)