DISH NETWORK TERMINATES RETAILERS

Dish Network CSR's have told my customers in the past that they have no contract with them and that my contracts are no good. I have a heck of a time with the customers after this and they fight me tooth and nail and get bitter when otherwise they would be more cooperative.

Also, if the customer does have a contract with Dish Network and they charge the customer back then the retailer also wants money for early termination, that is a double whammy for the customer and the customer wonders why he/she has to pay two cancellation fees.

Dish Network CSR's have told my customers in the past that they have no contract with them and that my contracts are no good. I have a heck of a time with the customers after this and they fight me tooth and nail and get bitter when otherwise they would be more cooperative.

Also, if the customer does have a contract with Dish Network and they charge the customer back then the retailer also wants money for early termination, that is a double whammy for the customer and the customer wonders why he/she has to pay two cancellation fees.

because they signed both contracts agreeing to do so if the cancel early?

Okay, I give up then. I guess that is the cost of doing business when you are a satellite retailer.

I'm afraid you might be right about that. The sad truth is we used to live in a world where your word and a handshake was a good contract. Now we live in a world where a contract is usually not honored by either side until a judge enforces it. Even then good luck collecting.

Some of my guys have ran into this also. I feal your pain here.
What they have done is put the customer on a 3 way with retail services and asked the CSR if retailers can do a 3rd party. The retailer service csr's seem to be in the know a little more than the customer csr's.

Well, Hall, I'm glad you're not in my area. I now work for a retailer after three years at Dish. We have had problems like those mentioned above. Many times, people change their minds when they get the charges from us and Dish. They want to keep it all of a sudden. Those that don't get hauled into court and the judge always finds for us. It is useless equipment without a contract-unless it's pirated. Let me tell you, taking down a whole system is not fun. Happened to me twice when I worked for Dish. One was a restauranteer who ordered Dish from home and was caught when we called to activate from the restaurant. Had to have him call commercial accounts and reset. Had the cops present on one uninstall when the customer was drunk and raising cane. He mellowed right out when four deputies showed up. I do'nt believe in Big Brother standing over us, but when people are being jerks, sometimes they need calmed down.

I am one of the retailers in that list. I never stole another retailers sales. I have allways respected the other retailers in my area. I had a less then 1% chargeback in three years of selling and installing Dish, and have added over 300 18/24 month customers. Over that three years of busting my ass for dish, dish found 13 customers that had old accounts "NOT UNDER CONTRACT" before the customer signed with us. Dish cares nothing about it's retailers. Dish has no problem talking S**T about it retailers to the customer. I feel sorry for anyone still pushing dish services. Sooner then later all retailers will fall. And be branded as "engaged in illegal activity including fraud and misrepresentation when establishing customer accounts". Dish can kiss my ass. As I have moved on and never felt better.

well, I guess they did you a favor then...
Though I am sure there is more to the story than you are telling, but...

Dish probably tried to charge this guy back for these accounts and he didn't pay so dish terminated him. But there has to be more to the story. The question is what percentage of flipped accounts did they find? I think the magic number is 2% for them to start looking at you and depending how bad things are they make the decision to terminate from there.

Just like Dish's version of the story is 100% accurate and un-biased. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

well, considering some of these have gone to court, I would suspect that they probably are pretty much 100% accurate or they would have been tossed out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)