Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH NETWORK TERMINATES RETAILERS
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – March 5, 2009 – DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) announced today that its wholly owned subsidiary, DISH Network L.L.C., has terminated the following retailers, who the Company believes have engaged in illegal activity including fraud and misrepresentation when establishing customer accounts for DISH Network® service:
  • <LI style="mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1" class=MsoNormal>Superior Satellite Services of Streetsboro, Ohio <LI style="mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1" class=MsoNormal>American Satellite Co., L.L.C. of Salt Lake City, Utah <LI style="mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1" class=MsoNormal>Alexis Proenza (dba Panamerican Digital Satellites) of San Juan, Puerto Rico <LI style="mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1" class=MsoNormal>Caguas Satellite Corp. of San Juan, Puerto Rico <LI style="mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1" class=MsoNormal>D&C Entertainment, L.L.C. of Jefferson, Wis. <LI style="mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1" class=MsoNormal>Big Boy Entertainment of Parlier, Calif. <LI style="mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1" class=MsoNormal>Rosario Gonzalez (dba System Sate, Inc.) of North Hills, Calif. <LI style="mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1" class=MsoNormal>TV Sur Satellite, Inc. of Gaithersburg, Md. <LI style="mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1" class=MsoNormal>Technic Satellite, Inc. of Tampa, Fla.
  • Calvin Cockman (dba Tech Services) of Carthage, N.C.

DISH Network L.L.C. does not tolerate illegal activity and will take action against any retailer that it believes has engaged in any form of fraud or misrepresentation in its dealings with DISH Network L.L.C.

Does anyone know who Dish is replacing all of these dealers with ? They're gonna run out of independent dealers eventually....

No but I can only guess that the profits being shown lately are from not having to pay all these terminate retailers the commisions they were owed.

Eventually, retailers that did no wrongful activity will be on the chopping block as well. The writing is on the wall. They want to terminate the majority of their retailers so that they can cut costs and sell to the customer directly and they are starting with the retailers that they believe were doing wrongful activity towards them. Next will be those that do not do enough sales and/or more strick installation guidelines to make it to where many retailers will want to quit or will not be up to their stricter standards. This is only the beginning of the end. Once DirecTv sees what is going on and that it is working for Dish Network, then DirecTv will do the same. They think they need to do this to survive in the future as they see customer acquisitions slowing down.

Eventually, retailers that did no wrongful activity will be on the chopping block as well. The writing is on the wall. They want to terminate the majority of their retailers so that they can cut costs and sell to the customer directly and they are starting with the retailers that they believe were doing wrongful activity towards them. Next will be those that do not do enough sales and/or more strick installation guidelines to make it to where many retailers will want to quit or will not be up to their stricter standards. This is only the beginning of the end. Once DirecTv sees what is going on and that it is working for Dish Network, then DirecTv will do the same. They think they need to do this to survive in the future as they see customer acquisitions slowing down.

Yes and no. You're close but what's really happening is that Dish has made it tougher for a customer to qualify. Right now most of the retailers are lucky to get 3-4 out of 10 to qualify. With these kind of #'s the retailers will not be able to keep their doors open.

Now DirecTv has made it clear for the past 2 years that they want to bring everything in house. The problem which has been holding them back is the installation side of things. Right now they own around 21% of the market and are trying to get to over 30% this year.

This is also the problem for Dish which is why both parties will need the retailers until they can figure out how to build a large enough installation group that can cover every square mile in the USA.

No but I can only guess that the profits being shown lately are from not having to pay all these terminate retailers the commisions they were owed.

That's exactly what I was guessing, when I seen the profits.

Wonder if the names of these companys ever gave Dish a clue they might be suspicious ;)

Without giving details at least one of the companies mentioned on the press release were caught making phony accounts,inviting costumers to make account stacking and selling modified receivers.

good riddance to the low life scum.
Those who are guilty are people I am glad they are out of a job and I hope they have a whole lot of trouble finding another one. Karma's a bitch!
Those people who work for them and are innocent and didn't know what was going on, don't deserve the job hunt ahead of them and should give their ex-employers a good steel toed boot to the giblets, including that cockman guy!

Hey I just turned one in today that stole a sale from me and called Dish and pretended to be the customer to cancel out my work order. I have strong evidence to prove this...

Point here is that the customer can order Dish from whoeever they want, but a retailer cannot call Dish and cancel a work order for a customer without them on the phone.

I called the other retailer up first let him know what was going on and asked for compansation for the sale, and all I was really looking for was for that retailer NOT to pay their sales person and cut my sales person a check for their stolen sale. The money was not the issue, but more that I wanted to punish the person who stole my sale by seeing to it they do not get paid.

The other retailer never took me seriously or bothered to follow up with me, so when I had 2 DISH Network reps in my office today I presented my evidence and turned them in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts