DISH NETWORK: The most horrible cust service ever!!!

falcon101

Original poster
Jan 19, 2006
DISCLAIMER:
I have worked as tech support and some customer service work in past several years and i have had my share of moronic, rude ppl. I always treated CSR with respect and tried my best to be nice as possible becuase i have been there but today i just had it!!!:mad: :mad:

TAKE 1:
I called aroung 8am PST to upgrade to DISH HD SILVER + 211+Another Dish (for 2 south asian channels) and boy that was a wrong move....

I get this girl who out me on hold several times just to find out if i need another dish for DISHHD?:mad: ....and what dish i should use for international channels?:mad:
finally i had enough when she put me on hold for 15 mins and then i had to hang up becuase i was running late for work.

TAKE 2:
I calll back and spoke another confused CSR. And she also did not know if i need what dish and what reciever and what i can get...i ask to be forwareded a sup.
I speak to the sup and she tells me this

"I DONOT need to upgrade my reciever (811) and still get DISHHD SILVER. :confused: I need another DISH 500 installed ($99) to be pointed at 61.5 to get the south asian channels....and to get all this i need to commit for 18 months" i am thinking we are all set so she passed me to TECH support to finish the deal...were getting some where?..WRONG!!
I get the tech and first thing she tells me that i NEED to upgrade to the 211:mad:and total cost for 211 + extra dish+DishHD silver (w/locals) and 2 south asians...18 month commitment...PROGRAMMING: $95 per month with $150 installation for all. Ok i am cool with that ....THEN WE GET DISCONNECTED!!!!:mad: :mad:

TAKE 3:
I call back and get an advance tech who tells me that first thing:

"Sir we offer new dishHD blah blah blah".....and then "you do not qualify for the new packages becuase you have not been a customer for 1 year so you cannot get the 211":mad: :mad: i mean i am very patient man who does not get angry really quickly but i let the guy have it. The most horrible support i have ever had to deal with...And i have dealt with SBC INDIA.:rolleyes:

Then the guy tells me that I MAY QUALIFY...but their are systems are acting up. So i need to call in a couple of hours.

WHAT THE HECK DO I NEED TO DO????????

sorry guys about my rant ....but hope u understand my frustration. If it was not for those stupid South Asian channels i would have loved to say a big "F" you and goto D*.

Last edited:
I think you should call back. Keep trying, because that 1 year qualification thing is B.S. I haven't been with dish a full year yet and my 211 is shipping as we speak.

David

Choose tech support.. when it asks, you've got a problem with your HD receiver. That will send you to advanced tech with more experienced people.

FINALLY i was able to get what i wanted! ( I THINK)

I still seems to good to be true but finally my 5th call worked. This is what i ended up with...

EQUIPMENT (INSTALLATION INCLUDED)

VIP211 or 411 in return for th 811 = $49.99
SuperDish (for 2 south asian channels) = $59.99

Programming:

DishHD Silver...AT120+LOCALHD= $64.99
2 South Asian Channeld= $24.99

I had to do a 18 mo commitment. And apparently this is how the dish pointing shoud work (CROSSING MY FINGERS)

DISH 500 pointed at 129 or 61.5 (FOR HD STUFF)
SUPER DISH pointed at 148/110/119 (FOR AT120 and INTERNATIONAL)

The TECH told me that i MAY get the 211 with the installer or MAY have to wait for it to be shipped to me.

I went throught TONS of crap for all that....All will be installed on FRIDAY....I'll update you guys....I just dont have ANY confidence in DISH anymre and i will not be surprised if things go array.

Thanks for the suggestions.

SUPER DISH pointed at 148/110/119 (FOR AT120 and INTERNATIONAL)
uh, no. A super dish can be 121/119/110, or 119/110/105.

You might take a look at http://www.dishchannelchart.com to see which channels are on what bird

148 or 61.5 would require their own dish (500) which I believe is where your international channels are.

129 could be combined with 110 & 119 with a dish 1000, but you wouldn't get 121 or 105 that way. Perhaps you're getting a D1000 with a D500 pointed at 148.

Last edited:
Minsk1 said:
Int. SuperDish = 121/119/110
Now, some int. channels are also on 61.5. You can check if your channels are there at.

Ok....so what i got out of this is that i should be ok if:confused:

SUPERDISH 121: 121/119/110 (the 2 int channels i want are on 121)
DISH 500: 129

I dont see a problem.:) Or am i looking at this the wrong way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)