DISH Network(TM) Video On Demand Platform to Feature Special ABC Programs

My 622 is blank where the VOD should appear. I guess my wife has so many timers set to record in never gives VOD a chance to download?

Still nothing recorded on my tv entertainment screen yet. So we are all suffering from crappy software bugs so we can watch a blank screen. Great going Dish.

So far this is a flop, my #3 is still greyed out and there is nothing in it when pressing the number 3 on the remote.

My receiver is in standby mode 20 hours a day out of 24.

Dish should have waited to send the e-mail out until maybe 12 hours or so after they started downloading this content. That way, at least some people could say "my 'TV Entertainment' button is enabled and I have programs!". Of course, those who didn't have anything, or the button was still disabled, would complain to no end..... :(

Dish should have never, Never ,NEVER rushed a software update as bad as this one , just to add a feature -THAT DOESN'T WORK. Now we all have audio/video /reboot problems and the feature they wanted to add doesn't work at all. THIS IS INSANE. Dish will never learn. Fix a bug and break two or three other things. Surely to God their are beta testers that test this software before they add it. I think they need to roll back this software till they get it fixed and then add it in October like they were supposed to. This has made my receiver a buggy peice of crap that I have to baby sit or I lose my recordings to video freezes and reboots.:mad:

I just talked to support. They said it is still not working. It was working this it stopped. He said they have issues trying to fit. I ask if going to send another email when it is up and running. He said they should, but that is just one tech support guys view.

No Way

That would actually be decent... BUT what you'll see will be recap shows (which if you have an ABC with a sub station sometimes dubbed ABC+ they show those shows daily) what you'll see for a while in VOD are network commericals to get you to tune/record their shows on their network.

What would make the most sense to me is enable the Ethernet port, give us an incentive to use it (some BS credit for a few months) so that way we hook up to ethernet (mine has and still is) then we can pull VOD over the internet/subscribe to video podcasts (ahem ala tivo) and they could actually offer something useful, plus we could do all the billing and stuff over the internet rather than using LAME dialup! Can you imagine how large their dialup modem bay must be? Get with the times E*!

Dirtydan said:
I think this is what we will see, when this does go active.
http://dynamic.abc.go.com/streaming/player?mk=20152444&cid=1695

Last edited: