Dish Network to Drop FSN Chicago effective 11/29

Sparkman said:
Except they are showing some local college sports that will not be on any other RSN, so local fans of those teams will be SOL.

Yeah, that's the situation I'm in too (with actually only a couple Illini basketball Vegas tourney games that Fox Chicago has that won't be available to me otherwise). Do you know how often college sports games like that show up on other of the regional FSN networks? I'll sign on for multi sport for a month if there's a reasonable chance the games will be on elsewhere on FSN.

markav said:
Yeah, that's the situation I'm in too (with actually only a couple Illini basketball Vegas tourney games that Fox Chicago has that won't be available to me otherwise). Do you know how often college sports games like that show up on other of the regional FSN networks? I'll sign on for multi sport for a month if there's a reasonable chance the games will be on elsewhere on FSN.

If it's a FSN-C production, like NIU football games, etc, then usually it's not on any other RSN. If they are picking up a package, like the MVC or OVC game of the week, then there is a better chance another RSN has it too. FSN-C is also showing Depaul games. Those probably won't show up anywhere else. Off their website, here's those games:

Wednesday, December 1st at 7:30pm
(CBK) DePaul: Dayton at DePaul (LIVE)

Saturday, December 18th at 1:00pm
(CBK) DePaul: UIC at DePaul (LIVE)

Sunday, January 1st at 3:00pm
(CBK) DePaul: Old Dominion at DePaul (LIVE)

Sunday, January 30th at 2:00pm
(WBK) DePaul: South Florida at DePaul (LIVE)

Tuesday, February 22nd at 7:30pm
(CBK) DePaul: South Florida at DePaul (LIVE)

Sparkman said:
If it's a FSN-C production, like NIU football games, etc, then usually it's not on any other RSN. If they are picking up a package, like the MVC or OVC game of the week, then there is a better chance another RSN has it too. FSN-C is also showing Depaul games. Those probably won't show up anywhere else.

Thanks for the reply. The games I'm interested in are part of a tourney out of Las Vegas so I guess there's a very good chance that they're picking it up from some other part of FSN or elsewhere. I guess I'll take another look at the FSN site and see if I can find some schedules.

Well the email they sent said we'd get the multi sports no charge. As of today FSN Chicago is gone and I don't have the multi sport package. I guess I"ll have to call Dish tomorrow. I'm with you looking for Illini bball at the Las Vegas tourney. One of the games if vs. Cincinnati, so I'm figuring that would be on FSN Cinciinnati. I bet those 2 games will be on most of the FSN sports channels. Go Illini.

Dennis

dmigut said:
I'm with you looking for Illini bball at the Las Vegas tourney. One of the games if vs. Cincinnati, so I'm figuring that would be on FSN Cinciinnati. I bet those 2 games will be on most of the FSN sports channels. Go Illini.

Go Illini! I figure you're right about those games.

By the way, I read on another forum that the word is that Dish is working as fast as they can to add multi sport to all of our accounts, but that it takes a little time to run through them all.

markav said:
Go Illini! I figure you're right about those games.

By the way, I read on another forum that the word is that Dish is working as fast as they can to add multi sport to all of our accounts, but that it takes a little time to run through them all.

You guys are in luck for the U of I /Cincinnati game, on Fox Sports Ohio.

From the Cincinnati website:

Dec 30 vs. Longwood Las Vegas, Nev. Fox Sports Ohio 9:30 p.m. ET

Dec 31 vs. Illinois Las Vegas, Nev. Fox Sports Ohio 10:30 p.m. ET

Sparkman said:
You guys are in luck for the U of I /Cincinnati game, on Fox Sports Ohio.

From the Cincinnati website:

Dec 30 vs. Longwood Las Vegas, Nev. Fox Sports Ohio 9:30 p.m. ET

Dec 31 vs. Illinois Las Vegas, Nev. Fox Sports Ohio 10:30 p.m. ET

Thanks, Sparkman. I appreciate the info.

free multi sports

Well today I still didn't have the multi sport package for free in lieu of FSN chicago being dumped and having to play the waiting game for comcast chicago for whatever reason. I called dish just a few minutes ago and they activated the multi sports pack for free. Its up and running now, it took 5 minutes to show up. I also had them activate it for my father in law's account. If you are in the same boat as me I recommend giving them a call.

Dennis

I already have the multi sport package and live in FSN Chicago's terriorty. Do I have to call Dish Network to ask for free multi sport or will I automatically receive it for free?

garn9173 said:
I already have the multi sport package and live in FSN Chicago's terriorty. Do I have to call Dish Network to ask for free multi sport or will I automatically receive it for free?

I called them and they told me I'll see a $5.99/mo credit.

Whta channels should I look for?

I am in Chicago area. I had FSN dropped. What are the channels= #'s we are suppose to receive until April?

ilaudio said:
I am in Chicago area. I had FSN dropped. What are the channels= #'s we are suppose to receive until April?

I also am in Chicago. No new sports channel have been mapped into my receivers.

Apparently, only the people that had DISH Top 60 plus FSN for additional fee would get a multi-sport package for free. For other Dish subscribers, who have Top 100 and Top 180 installed, multi-sport package would not be available for free.

Fsn Chicago GOne

Just Called Dish
Called and complained no fox sports chi
dish gav me sports pack for 5.99 for 5 months
and a 30.00 credit
so I get sports pack free for 5 months
until comcast sports goes in effect in april
Brian

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts