DISH Network to Feature Sneak Preview of NBC Series Premiere of Friday Night Lights

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Jimmy Dean

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 13, 2006
Southern Cali
DISH Network(TM) to Feature Sneak Preview of NBC Series Premiere of 'Friday Night Lights'

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. & BURBANK, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sept. 21, 2006--EchoStar Communications Corporation and its DISH Network(TM) satellite TV service today announced that the series premiere of NBC's new fall series "Friday Night Lights" will be featured on its Video On Demand platform, DISH On Demand, before its network debut on NBC on Tuesday, Oct. 3 at 8 p.m. ET/7 p.m. CT.

The "Friday Night Lights" series centers on the small rural town of Dillon, Texas, where the coveted state football championship rings are held in the highest regard. Dillon's promising high school team, its star quarterback, and newly appointed head coach Eric Taylor (Kyle Chandler, "King Kong," "Grey's Anatomy") feel the mounting pressure of the town's pride and honor riding on their shoulders as a new football season kicks off.

"Friday Night Lights" will be available on DISH On Demand on Saturday, Sept. 23 through Monday, Oct. 2 for DISH Network customers with a 622 or 625 receiver. Customers simply need to press the "DVR" button on their remote and select "TV Entertainment" from the menu screen, select "Friday Night Lights" from the menu, and select "Start" to begin viewing. DISH Network's DISH On Demand service gives customers immediate access to the latest movies and television programs, allowing them to enjoy movies and other programs whenever they want. Additionally, DISH Network's state-of-the-art DVRs enable subscribers to further customize their viewing experience by taking advantage of popular features such as pause, fast forward, and rewind.

"We're delighted that we have this opportunity to showcase a drama of this caliber to the DISH Network audience," said John Miller, chief marketing officer, NBC Universal Television Group. "We're proud of the quality of 'Friday Night Lights' and we look forward to having viewers see the show in advance and encourage others to watch this exciting new series."

"We are very excited that DISH On Demand customers will get a sneak preview of 'Friday Night Lights' before it premieres on NBC," said Susan Arnold, vice president of Programming for DISH Network. "By combining the latest and most popular programming on DISH On Demand with the functionality and technology of our industry-leading DVRs, DISH Network customers will find multiple ways to enhance their viewing experience."

For more information or to subscribe to DISH Network, visit www.dishnetwork.com, call 1-800-333-DISH (3474), or contact your local DISH Network retailer.

About "Friday Night Lights"

Executive-produced by Peter Berg (the film "Friday Night Lights," "The Rundown"), who also wrote and directed the pilot, Jason Katims ("Roswell"), Brian Grazer ("The Da Vinci Code," "Cinderella Man," "A Beautiful Mind"), David Nevins ("Arrested Development") and Sarah Aubrey ("Bad Santa," "The Kingdom"). "Friday Night Lights" is a production of Imagine Entertainment, NBC Universal Television Studio.

About EchoStar

EchoStar Communications Corporation serves more than 12.46 million satellite TV customers through its DISH Network(TM), the fastest growing U.S. provider of advanced digital television services in the last five years. DISH Network offers hundreds of video and audio channels, Interactive TV, HDTV, sports and international programming, together with professional installation and 24-hour customer service. Visit EchoStar's DISH Network at www.dishnetwork.com or call 1-800-333-DISH (3474).

Last edited:
All this stuff can be useful ONLY if the user specifically checked the item for download and ONLY after that the item get downloaded. I don't want Dish download items for me and steal my drive space from items I want.

Minsk1 said:
All this stuff can be useful ONLY if the user specifically checked the item for download and ONLY after that the item get downloaded. I don't want Dish download items for me and steal my drive space from items I want.

I'm no expert on this, but, I believe I read somewhere on here that the 622 has space all set aside for Dish to use. Space we do not have access to anyway

That's right. It's not YOUR drive space. Does the 622 not record 30 hours of HD that it promises to record?

I understand your point. But E* has a business to run.

I don't think it says anywhere in the press release that it's free. If it is, is it commercial-free? Better question: If it's NOT free, is it commercial-free?

Brad

That is awesome! FNL is on at the same time as two other shows I DVR, so now I will actually get to watch the premiere and see if it is worth bumping out one of my other shows!

Great business move for Dish and NBC!!! I think this is pretty neat...

ChetK said:
That's right. It's not YOUR drive space. Does the 622 not record 30 hours of HD that it promises to record?

I understand your point. But E* has a business to run.

What I was trying to say is that E* can run business better for customers if they put some info about available On Demand features, then user selects features he wants, then Dish downloads those features to the DVR. Everybody will be happy.

So I guess this means the greyed out TV Entertainment button will be activated today? Is it only greyed out because there is no content in it or will they be pushing another software update today?

They did say it will be available of the 23rd.

Honestly I don't care about the 100 Gig they reserve, IF they allow me to have my expandable external drive storage. The problem again though is SD vs HD.

I had the opportunity to watch the Jericho pilot in SD 2 weeks before it aired, but I simply waited because I wanted to watch it in HD. If the Friday Night Lights pilot is in SD, I am sure there will be a lot of people doing the same for it.

Instead of trying to manuver to the Tv entertainment button , hit the number # 3 and it will take you to the screen, but there is nothing there yet.

Promo email I just got states [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]FREE Sept. 23 - Oct. 2 on DISH On Demand![/FONT][/FONT]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)