DISH NETWORK TOPS SATELLITE AND CABLE IN AMERICAN CUSTOMER SATISFACTION INDEX

I must say, I've enjoyed their twitter feed. It is amazing some of the things that you can quickly get done through that mechanism.
Ha! I tried that once and got everything into my very first tweet. By the time the Dish folks got unconfused, we had both exchanged about 10-15 more tweets. :(

This is BS...Dish customer service is the worst I have ever experienced. You can never get a straight answer from anyone and if you talk to four different CSR, you get four different answers. I wish they had call me for my opinion.

Hey Dodger , weren't you and I bickering about this.
Now look who won.:D

I Signed a contract with D* and now their customer satifaction went down, lower subscriber addtions, No HD addtions.(in English).

Now D* keeps Messing with my MLB EI,Starz and Showtime Credits.

Wow, I think I jumped the gun.:(

Hey Dodger , weren't you and I bickering about this.
Now look who won.:D

I Signed a contract with D* and now their customer satifaction went down, lower subscriber addtions, No HD addtions.(in English).

Now D* keeps Messing with my MLB EI,Starz and Showtime Credits.

Wow, I think I jumped the gun.:(
You showed the results from ACSI to prove your point. I showed the results from other non-member sites, such as JD Powers to prove my point.

I think I know why Dish satisfaction went up. The people that were pissed off went to Direct and they still aren't happy so they just transferred their aggression to to the other guys. It is like voting for ... no I am not going there.:rolleyes:

everyone always complains they never get the same answer when they ask questions. my question, why are they asking the same question then over and over? any answer you really need is on the consumer site anyways. want to know what the price of your programming is, its there.

I honestly believe that DISH Network customer support has gotten world better over the past few years.

Is it perfect? No far from it, yet still worlds better then what it use to be.

I hope it continues to improve as we go forward.

In my experience, it has gotten worse. Used to be hard to understand, ineffective. Now it remains that way but I have dealt with some CSR's that are downright rude.

I have a hard time seeing how they lead customer satisfaction when they've raised my rates twice over three months, amounting to a 17% increase, while adding channels to satellites they didn't set me up to see, and trying to charge me and force me into a contract just to get them.

If that is leading customer service, I sure don't want to know what the other providers are like.

I also have Time Warner Cable, and while their equipment is awful, their customer service is a lot better than Dish's. And it's still pretty bad.

In my experience, it has gotten worse. Used to be hard to understand, ineffective. Now it remains that way but I have dealt with some CSR's that are downright rude.

I have a hard time seeing how they lead customer satisfaction when they've raised my rates twice over three months, amounting to a 17% increase, while adding channels to satellites they didn't set me up to see, and trying to charge me and force me into a contract just to get them.

If that is leading customer service, I sure don't want to know what the other providers are like.

I also have Time Warner Cable, and while their equipment is awful, their customer service is a lot better than Dish's. And it's still pretty bad.

Well, 70+% of people surveyed disagree with you...

everyone always complains they never get the same answer when they ask questions. my question, why are they asking the same question then over and over? any answer you really need is on the consumer site anyways. want to know what the price of your programming is, its there.

Not quite true...look at all the confusion when E* was combining the Platinum package with the HD package...E* site was not updated and lead to the confusion...even now, look at the subscribers that got letters that their Cinemax for a penny was ending, then on their next statement it was extended for another year...that's why people keep calling CS back, not just to try to get what they want.
Ghpr13:)

Sky Report says not quite true

Sky reports thoughts. Link is below.

DISH is beating its chest, proclaiming itself "No. 1 in customer satisfaction among satellite and cable companies" in the latest American Customer Satisfaction Index survey. But hold on folks ... this is DISH and you've got to read that statement carefully. In reality, the DBS provider came in No. 3 in the ACSI's official "Cable & Satellite TV" category which includes Verizon FiOS and AT&T U-verse. And both of those actually scored higher. Still DISH managed a very respectable seven-point increase from its 2009 score to land at 71. But No. 1? No.

They are referring to a very in depth report that lumps large groups of services in together. Here's the link to that huge report. American Customer Satisfaction Index - ACSI Scores May

How much did Dish pay to get this result?
Probably a bit more than what they paid years ago to get that JD Powers award for CS Excellence, when the media was filled with stories on DISH being the worst in CS on the planet. I called and got the guy that authorized the award and was told that . . . "if you are willing to pay, anything is possible." When I quizzed him further he actually told me that DISH/Echostar (then) bought the award to bolster their image at the time.

I have been having issues for a while which is where I met my buddy the Field Supervisor (after I asked the "kid" Field Tech that tried to scale my 50' fireplace on a rickety ladder half that height to get his Super on the phone) that really knew his stuff and did not argue like you get from DISH all the time. This guy was sharp. Too bad he was in the process of thinking of leaving DISH due to their incompetence and all the BS he had to fix in the field because of it. Downer jobs can really wear on a person. Which he told me was only going to get worse and is. When he saw my system and I was able to show him comparisons of PQ and the documentation of the issues on the EPG that I have been collecting for years and other things, he was very grateful that he could finally see it in the field and took the info back saying he'd get me all fixed up with the dying dish (he's the one that told me all about the 1000.2 not being quite right from the beginning and how if they had just put an extra bit of thought, time and $ into it, it would be the best dish on the market) and put me back to my two dish install (that he said they were doing a lot of these days) that worked great and try to fast track the software and guide issues. He was so on our side, I even gave him the address to this forum and he said he was amazed and took back info to the "powers that be" and that is when things started to get really bad for him. They basically bullied him into leaving right before he got my system fix. So if that is the way they treat their own, they treat us any better? Now all I get is phone numbers that are wrong or disconnected, boiler plate replies to my very concise explanations of my issues and idiots on the phone that have no business using a phone in the first place. I have tried what many have suggested here and sent the last round of "correspondence" to ceo@. . . We'll see what happens.

But no way are they that high up in the numbers than is reported. Unless something is skewed somewhere. Severely skewed. I'd like to see the study, the questions, the replies, and the final parse. Just take a look at the problems people bring here and that is only a fraction of the population that are aware of this place and others like it. What about the others that don't and we do not know of their problems nor never will? Where they part of the sampling?

On this issue DISH has never been right nor forthright.

As I continue to prepare the structured wiring upgrade in my home prior to firing Comcast :rant: and switching to Dish, I read the various posts on SG every day. I read through threads such as this one and others that start with opposing opinions in order to gain some perspective on what issues I may encounter. I have to say that I am growing more and more concerned that I may be (pardon the overused analogy) jumping out of the frying pan into the fire. I understand that unhappy subscribers may choose to vent their frustrations here while the (hopefully) vast majority of subscribers are silent about being happy with their service. What I do notice is that there are quite a few senior SG members that express significant issues and frustrations with Dish customer service. That is hard to ignore.

Then I see this:

Big banks fill out 'hall of shame' on MSN.com survey
NEW YORK (5/20/10)--As if big banks didn't have enough to hang their head in shame about these days, yet another customer survey indicates that banks are at the bottom of the heap in customer service, according to MoneyCentral on MSN.com.
MSN Money's fourth annual customer-service survey, conducted by Zogby International, identified 150 customer-facing industries, from fast food chains to financial services companies, and asked customers about their experiences with the companies.
Half of the bottom 10 companies relegated to the "2010 Customer Service Hall of Shame" are banks, credit card servicers or both. The rest are telecommunications and cable companies.
"There's one place that people clearly aren't feeling the love: at the big banks," said MSN Money on its website. "Of the 20 companies at the bottom of our customer-service ranking, nine sell financial services."

The worst customer service was rendered by:
· AOL, with 42.3% of respondents saying service was poor;
· Bank of America, with 34.6%;
· Comcast, 34%;
· Sprint Nextel, 32.7%;
· Capital One, with 31.3%;
· Dish Network, 31.2%;
· Time Warner Cable, 31.1%;
· Wells Fargo, 28.3%;
· Citibank, 28.3%; and
· HSBC, 28.1%.

All of the banks on the list are repeat Hall of Shamers. Bank of America, which has been on the list all four years of the survey, received its worst rating yet. Capital One's rating improved; last year 34.7% rated it poor, compared to this year's 31.3%. The 2010 rank is its third appearance on the Hall of Shame.

Damn! I don't want to say that I have cold feet YET, but all this is giving me some real reasons for concern. There certainly are a lot dissenting opinions floating about lately. Is Dish customer service really all that bad? Should I be looking at DirectTV instead? I am willing to settle for hardware that is almost as good as Dish and may even be a few dollars more per month if I can avoid dealing with a company that does not provide customer service much better than Comcast - which is flat-out awful.

Please understand that I am not posting here to rain on anyone's parade. Quite the contrary. I am anxiously looking forward to placing the order very soon for the hardware and service package that I have selected. I just want to make sure that I am choosing the best route.

I come here to learn from you fine folks as existing Dish subscribers with a great deal of experience. I respect your collective opinions and am looking for some reassurance about Dish Network as a company to do business with.

Last edited: