DISH NETWORK TOPS SATELLITE AND CABLE IN AMERICAN CUSTOMER SATISFACTION INDEX

As I continue to prepare the structured wiring upgrade in my home prior to firing Comcast :rant: and switching to Dish, I read the various posts on SG every day. I read through threads such as this one and others that start with opposing opinions in order to gain some perspective on what issues I may encounter. I have to say that I am growing more and more concerned that I may be (pardon the overused analogy) jumping out of the frying pan into the fire. I understand that unhappy subscribers may choose to vent their frustrations here while the (hopefully) vast majority of subscribers are silent about being happy with their service. What I do notice is that there are quite a few senior SG members that express significant issues and frustrations with Dish customer service. That is hard to ignore.

Then I see this:

Damn! I don't want to say that I have cold feet YET, but all this is giving me some real reasons for concern. There certainly are a lot dissenting opinions floating about lately.
Is Dish customer service really all that bad?
Should I be looking at DirectTV instead? I am willing to settle for hardware that is almost as good as Dish and may even be a few dollars more per month if I can avoid dealing with a company that does not provide customer service much better than Comcast - which is flat-out awful.

Please understand that I am not posting here to rain on anyone's parade. Quite the contrary. I am anxiously looking forward to placing the order very soon for the hardware and service package that I have selected. I just want to make sure that I am choosing the best route.

I come here to learn from you fine folks as existing Dish subscribers with a great deal of experience. I respect your collective opinions and am looking for some reassurance about Dish Network as a company to do business with.

Not if you don't call. All jokes aside I am a firm believer in local retailers, 1 that's been around since haydays of c band. These are the types of people that will help you in a heartbeat. Customer service reps for any company imo are all the same, your just someone on the other end of the phone and they're done with you the minute the call ends. You should research a local retailer in your area & by the way retailers are not allowed to use 3rd party contracts anymore. Good luck

Damn! I don't want to say that I have cold feet YET, but all this is giving me some real reasons for concern. There certainly are a lot dissenting opinions floating about lately. Is Dish customer service really all that bad? Should I be looking at DirectTV instead? I am willing to settle for hardware that is almost as good as Dish and may even be a few dollars more per month if I can avoid dealing with a company that does not provide customer service much better than Comcast - which is flat-out awful.

Please understand that I am not posting here to rain on anyone's parade. Quite the contrary. I am anxiously looking forward to placing the order very soon for the hardware and service package that I have selected. I just want to make sure that I am choosing the best route.

I come here to learn from you fine folks as existing Dish subscribers with a great deal of experience. I respect your collective opinions and am looking for some reassurance about Dish Network as a company to do business with.

Don't let the B'n & moaning around here stop you from getting a good service. This place is the place to do the b'n & moaning. That's why you see more b'n post than praise. Happy people aren't gonna take the time to post they have little reason since they are happy with the service.

I used to work customer service for Aetna insurance and then customer service at a health care company. One thing to remember about CS is that most companies have their CSRs set up on a production type system. They expect you to take so many calls per hour. This causes a lot of CSRs to just "get you off the phone" so they can get the next call. Also, when there are changes to products, the computer system, or service, customer service is usually the last to know. At Aetna we had large, electronic boards that flash the number of calls waiting to be answered. When it hit a certain number it would start flashing in red, then the supervisors would come around trying to speed us up.

As far as Dish CSRs, all I can say is that I been with Dish going on 1 year and I haven't had any real problems with them. I always read posting in SG first whenever there are any changes to service or programming to give me a heads up on what I should be getting, then I use chat so I can have a copy if needed. I'm happy with Dish.
Ghpr13:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts