Dish Network Troubleshooting

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tommy_hlfgr

Original poster
May 3, 2004
I installed a Dish Network System at my lake house last summer. I don't know the technical terms to use here so I will try to explian my problem as best as I can. I have a Dual LNB dish with a single receiver. I ran an RG6 from on side of the LNB directly to the receiver. Everything was working last summer. This year when I went down to open the cabin for the summer I had no signel at the receiver. I fiddled with it some and found that by moving the RG6 to the other connector on the LNB I regained signal (strength=99) When I do a "Check switch" I show only 119 Odd and all "X's" in the other three rows of boxes. I can get smoe channels but others tell me "signal lost" Does this mean I have my Dish pointed wrong or a bad LNB or some other problem? Please Help!

First you don't have a dual LNB you have a Twin go to www.switchinfo.info/index.htm to verify my equipment guess. Getting only 1 signal out of four I would guess a bad LNB first. You could also have a cabling and aiming problem. A system that is unused for a long period of time can have many things happen during your absence.

Twin Is Correct

You are correct, it is a twin. There are no trees. I am shooting directly over the lake. So You guys think I should try a new LNB? Where is the best place to buy one? Radio Shack or somewhere like that?

I don't know where you are located but I would suggest seeing if there is a dealer near your lake house. Check DISH website and put in the zip code for dealer locator, a local dealer may be able to help you.

tommy_hlfgr said:
You are correct, it is a twin. There are no trees. I am shooting directly over the lake. So You guys think I should try a new LNB? Where is the best place to buy one? Radio Shack or somewhere like that?
Another place to buy, on line, is www.dishdepot.com. They have most everything you would or might need.
I'm wondering if you maybe had a bad storm while you were not there and the dish got shifted a little. I would sure try to re-aim it before spending any money.

Grandude he is getting 99% signal strength but only 1 polarity(voltage) that generally dosen't indicate a dish is off satellite. It could be a cabling issue but getting only 1 satellite tends to suggest the loss of the internal switch in the twin especially with the other port of the twin having no signal at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts