Dish Network update message on receiver

sbsi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 12, 2007
When I disable the TV Guide update on the receiver, I still see the "Dish Network, press select to continue" message the day after. Can someone tell me how to completely deactivate this message or feature?

I have the same problem with my 622. I disabled it and put the time up to 8 hours but it still screws up some of my recordings and all I get is the black info screen in my recordings. Frustrating!

Last edited:
I think I am really referring to the screen saver and not as much the TV guide update. If I forget to turn off the reciever and only turn off the TV then the reciever "thinks" it has never been turned off and the saver pops up after 8 hours and screws up any recordings I might do/

I even try this method....

Enable the tv guide update (just like I set it to disable and it turns black) at 12AM
Set the Auto Tune to any channel at 12:30AM
Set the Auto Tune to another channel at 1:00AM

and I get a blank dark screen without the Dish Network, Press Select to Continue.

It has been messing up some recordings lately. I set it to disable and within a week, I get a dark screen. I update the TV guide manually.

This is all very strange. I turn off my 622 to the "press select to continue" screen all the time, and it never affects any recordings. And that's even if a recording is already going on, or if one starts while it's in standby. And I've had it go into standby while recording, again with no issues.

Or am I not describing the same thing? :)

The easy solution to your problem is to turn your receiver off and do not leave it on for 8 hours at a time. The receiver will come on and record a program even if the power is off to the 322 so there is no need to leave the receiver on for that length of time and allow it to go in to stand-by mode.

This is all very strange. I turn off my 622 to the "press select to continue" screen all the time, and it never affects any recordings. And that's even if a recording is already going on, or if one starts while it's in standby. And I've had it go into standby while recording, again with no issues.

Or am I not describing the same thing? :)
Same for me. I never turn the receiver off. It occassionally (6 or 8 hrs) does the time out and goes to the Tips Screen saver. Shuts down every night by itself. Never have missed a recording.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts