DISH NETWORK vs. TURNER BROADCASTING

DISH CSR's are lying to customers about this issue. They tell people that there is no contract dispute. DISH CSR's are liers. :mad:

Neutron said:
DISH CSR's are lying to customers about this issue. They tell people that there is no contract dispute. DISH CSR's are liers. :mad:
I would not say they are liars...but rather most likely they are totally in the dark on this issue. For many companies, the staff is on a need to know basis and until the Turners get shut off, the CSR's don't need to know (and I bet many of them don't read the forums or the news headlines) so to most of them, there really is no dispute because they are not aware of it. It would be unwise for Dish top level execs to share all the details of contract disputes with all the minimum wage labor who could help in the spreading of false rumors, etc. so they keep the details of the matter under wraps unless they have no choice.

juan said:
Since the liberal radio network is about to go belly up..your gonna be sol without cnn
:dev :dev

What the hell are babbling about? More to the point, what does it have to do with my comment about CNN?

I watch CNN/HNN for news, since MSNBC is mostly features, CNBC is mostly infomercials, and Fox is well...mostly editorial programming (to put it politely).

My apologies if this has already been posted, but I thought you all might find Dish's response interesting.

Actually first off, I wasnt even writing about this issue...I emailed them to inquire it they would be carrying TNT-HD. Apparenty they didnt bother reading the email completely, saw "TNT",and assumed this mess was what I was emailing about. :rolleyes: Anyways, here is their response to the contract stuff...

Thank you for your email. We are working hard with Turner to reach a reasonable solution so we can continue to provide CNN/Headline News, The Cartoon Network and Turner Classic Movies. Turner has said that they want to come to an agreement, and as always, DISH Network will continue to fight to bring you the widest range of programming at the lowest possible price. If Turner will not provide us with broadcasting rights at a fair and reasonable price and we cannot reach an agreement, we will be forced to remove these channels from our lineup. This is all the information we have at this time. Please stay tuned for consumer Charlie Chats that are broadcast monthly on Channel 101 or logon to our website for future programming announcements.

EchoStar reaches tentative agreement to continue carrying Turner channels

EchoStar Communications Corp. said Thursday it has reached a tentative deal with Turner Broadcasting, sparing Dish satellite customers the possibility of losing CNN, TBS and other channels.

"We have an agreement in principle and we're still working out the details," EchoStar spokesman Steve Caulk said. He declined additional comment.
For the entire article click here

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)