DISH NETWORK vs. TURNER BROADCASTING

On Wednesday, trade publication CableFAX Daily, citing anonymous sources, said that could happen Monday night. CableFAX reported that EchoStar chief executive Charlie Ergen plans to make the announcement during his "Charlie Chat" message to customers Monday evening.

Hmm I smell another $1 credit coming up.

silversurfer01973 said:
1 month after Viacom rift, Dish customers may lose cable channels

Or to put it another way,
1 month after getting a $1 or $2 credit on their bill for losing Viacom channels for a day, Dish customers may win again.

I see once.. but if customers get razzled by this again, they'll bail. When's it going to stop? I for one don't want that hell week to happen again.. speaking as an employee.

Hey, he can give me another $1 credit to yank channels for two days if he wants to use the same blueprint for this one.

Hopefully Turner will agree to a better deal to avoid the headache as they have MUCH less leverage than Viacom did (although my kid may be miffed about The Clone Wars cartoons on Cartoon Network being interrupted... unless they are done... I'm not sure)

The only problem I see is Turner trying to get more money for these channels that have been hemorraging viewers to other outlets. Cartoon network is the only must have channel. My wife really likes CNN Headline News but I see her bouncing to FoxNews or MSNBC without too much of a hassle.

I do agree though that Charlie is giving WAY too much ammo to his enemies to use against him.....

Clone Wars are done as of Today and you can watch them on the Web.
Turner better watch it,they might have to give money back the way their ratings are.
CNN is the only one to get OK cable ratings and it gets it butt whipped by the still young Fo:mad:fair and balanced my A**,but I like it)) News and Nicks ratings kill Cartoon Network.

GaryPen said:
It's deja vu, all over again.
Better be careful ... I heard they're going to drop FSNY and MSG next. Apparently Yankees fans are complaining that Mets fans have an unfair advantage because they can actually watch their games on E*. !sadroll

I live in San Jose, and watch the bulk of my Mets games on WPIX, along with TBS, WGN, KTVU, FSBA, and ESPN, for a total of approx. 64 games. I get zero games from FSNY, MSG, or MLBEI. (I assume you're kidding about FSNY and MSG, anyway.) But, losing TBS would be a bit of a drag. Losing CNN and HNN a huge drag.

I'll miss Turner South, I can get TBS of an antenna if I needed to. The rest they can just leave off and add something usefull..

Turner South is probably the only channel that is keeping the deal alive, and the majority of us can't see it. Turner channels have really gone downhill since Ted left. The thing that irked me the most was when they changed the TNT agreement a couple of years ago when they overpaid for that NBA package. Sounds like it may be a repeat of that.

Good thing I just switched to Direct TV. They do not seem to ever have channel cut off problems like this.

Think about it, once I have cable, there service would go down all the time with Technical issues.

With DIsh , it still goes down every couple of Months or so for a few days, except its just with a couple of channels.

Its still down time in my book. It needs to be considered.

ScottChez said:
Good thing I just switched to Direct TV. They do not seem to ever have channel cut off problems like this.

Think about it, once I have cable, there service would go down all the time with Technical issues.

With DIsh , it still goes down every couple of Months or so for a few days, except its just with a couple of channels.

Its still down time in my book. It needs to be considered.

If you switched to Directv, there is no need for you to participate in this thread is there?

"Goes down every couple of months or so"? I've had Dish for years and the only service disruption was MTV was dropped for 36 hours, how about we exaggerate a little more?

ScottChez said:
Does not Direct TV have deals coming up with ABC(ESPN,Disney) and they already have stated that they will hold a hard line as far as any increases?

Me too,that why i switched to Dish.

When,I have never go out on me

The only time I've had a signal loss (other than due to ViaCrybabyCom) is when I get a torrential downpour of rain. Oh, and that time I lost power (what's up with that Charlie???) :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts