Dish network Western Satellites...?

356B

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 22, 2010
Northern California
Which ones do we as customers receive from? or are they the same? I just got a meter and want to be sure of what I'm doing....
DishPro 110W
DishPro 119W

BR Dishnetwork 129W
BR DishNetwork 110W
BL DishNetWork 119W

I wouldn't think there would be a difference. The 129 satellite is the HD satellite for western Arc, 110 and 119 are the other two satellites for that arc.

I would guess you got a birdog, if so have you been to their website? http://www.birdog.tv/default.aspx?page=6
Same satellites but different ways of reading them depending on what LNB your pointing (controlling LNB with meter via tones ect....)
Make sure you have the latest software in your meter for best results.

I should note that website is for only meters labeled Perfect-10

There are several HD channels on 119º as well.

To be clear, customers receive channels from all three western arc satellite locations.
Each satellite location has different channels. Take a look at www.dishchannelchart.com (or click on the "other sites" at the top of this page and click on "THE LIST") to see what channels are on what satellite location

Thank you, I was wondering about the "Pro", BR and Bl designations....what does that mean in relation to the appropriate satellite? sorry to be so illiterate.

There are several HD channels on 119º as well.

To be clear, customers receive channels from all three western arc satellite locations.
Each satellite location has different channels. Take a look at www.dishchannelchart.com (or click on the "other sites" at the top of this page and click on "THE LIST") to see what channels are on what satellite location
There are even some HD channels on 110

I'm not making myself clear. I'm confused about the significance, if any with the designations of Pro, BR and BL. Are the synonymous, does it matter which one do you adjust to....? I don't get it. Installers in my area us 119 as the target, I've seen them do it. I am aware that 110,119 and 129 are HD. Sorry for being so lame.....

I have pointed thousands of dishes over the last 8 years with a birdog meter and even I don't know what the br bl dn "prefixes" mean.
I just use the ones that work and for a dish pro 1000.2 w lnb I use dishpro 110 dishpro 119 and br dishnet 129
LNB (s) like the 1000.2 w have the switch built in to them and the meter (just like your receiver box) send a signal to the LNB telling it to switch to the particular satellite needed.
Its not always perfect as for example it will give you a lock on the 110 even though you are tying to point the 61.5. (not so much of an issue if you are just pointing the same dish over and over)
I have noticed that when selecting the 129 that sometimes i have to switch to 119 and then back again to get it to actually "switch" the LNB
After you get a "lock" hit the start button to switch to db mode and then adjust for the highest number

I have pointed thousands of dishes over the last 8 years with a birdog meter and even I don't know what the br bl dn "prefixes" mean.
I just use the ones that work and for a dish pro 1000.2 w lnb I use dishpro 110 dishpro 119 and br dishnet 129
LNB (s) like the 1000.2 w have the switch built in to them and the meter (just like your receiver box) send a signal to the LNB telling it to switch to the particular satellite needed.
Its not always perfect as for example it will give you a lock on the 110 even though you are tying to point the 61.5. (not so much of an issue if you are just pointing the same dish over and over)
I have noticed that when selecting the 129 that sometimes i have to switch to 119 and then back again to get it to actually "switch" the LNB
After you get a "lock" hit the start button to switch to db mode and then adjust for the highest number

Thank you :amen

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts