Dish Network's Ace in the Hole Mobile video could shake up the media industry.

:)

Happy happy
Joy joy
I hope he pulls another rabbit out of the hat!

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App using an iPhone.

Nobody knows yet. I can't imagine why it wouldn't be legal. What are you thinking?

I think that paid for tv subscription services are in plateau mode and I have read article that the percentages of customers are cutting cords doesn't matter the provider are growing year after year. People are getting tired of being forced to pay bills that subsidize channels and programming they dont even care about and will never watch.
So basic business knowledge tells you that a company has to reinvent its self and come to market with a new product/service or they stagnant and fail.

I think mobile video is cool, but for me when watching a video on my cellphone. It is not really great as my eyes gets tired, I find myself getting a headache after 15 minutes of watching a mobile video using the dish anywhere app.

Reactions: TheKrell
The mobile video idea is cool, for devices like a Roku, but I have to agree with @rusty813 that it does give heads on a laptop or mobile device.

I think mobile video is cool, but for me when watching a video on my cellphone. It is not really great as my eyes gets tired, I find myself getting a headache after 15 minutes of watching a mobile video using the dish anywhere app.
have you ever visited a optometrist sound like you might need glasses.

Nobody knows yet. I can't imagine why it wouldn't be legal. What are you thinking?
The legality question will arise if Dish gets the spectrum they want and Dish implements the mobile video plans it has and it works. Then basically everyone else in the industry will lawyer up and if that fails it will be whining to the Federal government to regulate it to make it illegal or make it unprofitable for Dish. Sort of like in the book Atlas Shrugged.

I don't think legality will be an issue as DISH has been building in internet and streaming rights into its new contracts.

Some of these things they have been working on for years already.

Say what you will about Charlie, but he is always ahead of the game looking at the future. In fact I don't thing there is a better visionary in the business then Charlie Ergen.... (Now if he would stop steeling all my ideas and taking credit for them. :D :D)

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I don't think legality will be an issue as DISH has been building in internet and streaming rights into its new contracts.

Some of these things they have been working on for years already.

Say what you will about Charlie, but he is always ahead of the game looking at the future. In fact I don't thing there is a better visionary in the business then Charlie Ergen.... (Now if he would stop steeling all my ideas and taking credit for them. :D :D)

I agree, Charlie has been talking about the future of TV for years. I remember him talking about online video and mobile devices at least 5 years ago. I'm sure many people just think he's coming up with this stuff now but it's been years in the making.

I don't know what Charlie has planned but the bandwith spectrum he has is worth over $20 billion . IF he doesn't make use of it himself, he can always sell it to the highest bidder for a quick profit.

What's funny. Hopper and all those cutesy marsupial names are joe Clayton. In Charlie's terms it is the XiP 813.

Well Fox has taken Dish back to court over the Hopper and sling tech after the recent Supreme Court ruling shutting Aero down.
It will be interesting to see what becomes of the case.