Tyler/Longview locals in HD now, but I only get them in SD.

JonnyCakes

Original poster
Jul 8, 2014
Anyone else had this issue? I just noticed that the locals are broadcasted in HD now but I still have to go OTA/Antenna clones to get them in HD.

I spent an hour while ago on the phone only for them to want to send a tech out tomorrow.

Any idea why this happened? I've been told the sat might need to be realigned for new channels ?

They made me remove the OTA stuff, download programing guide, etc etc.. but the channels were still in SD from DISHNetwork. I put my antenna back in for now.

Are you on western arc? You probably need an eastern arc dish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

The DISH is pointed South, South West. Yes. If they go trying to point it East, there is a big sweet gum tree in the way.
That's Western Arc how's your chain saw? Maybe the dish can be moved but you still have OTA and programming guide so you can record OTA if you have a DVR

Your HD locals are on 61.5. If you have the western arc( 119,110, 129 ). you will need a wing dish installed to get them. I had the same situation in Lubbock. My wing dish had to be mounted far away from my western arc dish to get a clear view to the east.

My experience with a wing dish for 61.5 off my WA (110/119/129 setup) was not so good.

PTAT did not work, it kept trying to record the SD channels on 110 instead of the HD ones on 61.5, even with SD locked out, 75% of the time it recorded nothing - MAMA was not happy.

Now we have an EA 1000.2 dish for 61.5 and 72.7 and everything works fine.

That's Western Arc how's your chain saw? Maybe the dish can be moved but you still have OTA and programming guide so you can record OTA if you have a DVR

The tree is just about 10 feet from the house.. It's too big to fall on the house and bounce off. We should have had someone fix that earlier, but that's how it is now.

Either way, I guess I need to start with "do whatever dishnetwork code is for you to get paid" . In case they want to start charging us for a pole mount like Hughesnet and Exede/Viasat/Wildblue because we aint got it in the summer months with the light bill shot up.

Also, that's the problem. I was going to take down the OTA and give it to someone without TV that has a bad antenna setup . I was like "Hell I'm paying for them to be in HD.. why aren't they?" I shouldn't have to worry about cutting in and out, and all that with DISHNetwork locals in HD. Not that I might not keep the antenna hooked up.. recording 3 things at once is kinda fun.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts