Dish Network's Charlie Ergen 2017 Pay Rises to $2.4 Million

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Do we know they are stock options? Most companies have done away with those for executives in favor of restricted stock units or stock grants which have other tax and expense implications.

From the linked article in the OP:

"Charlie Ergen, the billionaire chairman and former CEO of Dish Network, was awarded $2.4 million for running the satellite TV service in 2017, up 41 percent, according to a regulatory filing Wednesday."

"The drivers were stock option and stock awards of $654,033 and $6,389, respectively, compared with none in 2016, and an increase in "other compensation" to $786,021 from $656,833. Ergen's salary remained unchanged at $1 million."

Reactions: ncted
I have three accounts for my family and extended family. I do like my DISH service , just not the FEES. I also had DIRECTV twice before in the past. Yes , I think I’ve earned the right to moan about it since I have paid in to old Charlie for over 21 years. You don’t always agree 100% with everyone , especially those who you do business and those in your own family. The kicker is when you have the family over for Holiday dinners and you disagree on what Charlie has been doing with his business. :biggrin

Yes, I agree. The fees can add up to a lot. That is why I have only one 211k with outboard HDD with no fees. I own my receiver. Hopefully the 211k receivers will stay fee free. Charter Cable is also bugging me to switch, but I like Dish and the programming they offer.

All this crying about fees is very amusing. It doesn't matter if it's fees, subscriptions, taxes, equipment costs, or whatever.............the only thing that matters is the bottom line. Anybody who's been paying for a service for 21 years must think the product is worth the price, and that's the proof in the pudding.

In another 21 years, or maybe sooner, Dish may go away and he'll proudly announce, "I told you so" :p
DISH satellite video delivery won't be around in its present form for that many more years. It is a dying industry that the internet will eventually fill for most people. I think as time goes on their sub base will continue to contract through attrition and churn and cord cutting. But the FEES that DISH keeps coming up , like the NO dvr receiver fee, with will continue on who is left to pay them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts