Dish Network's "LIKE NEW" promo

reallyniceguy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 11, 2008
thorton, co
Ok this promo has been a while, I figured I cant get fired since well I dont work there anymore. (got ALOT of contacts)

Anywho....

Some customers qualify for a FREE shipped 510 receiver(as replacement or additional) . Ask your dish rep if your account has that tag.

If it does not, still ask for the like new.

Details...

Shipped 510 dvr for 29 dllrs (if you dont qualify for the free shipped)

Installed 510 dvr as additional/replacement 79 dllrs.

Whats good about this promo??

NO CONTRACTS and the equipment is YOURS.

Just call and ask for the "like new dvr promtion"

Also they got the 311 for 69 dllrs installed.. but i think thats a limited promotion for a few select customers. Ill try to get more details since I am not there anymore.

Im not sure if there are any hd receiver offers, i doubt it since those are very cheap via dishn it up with commitment.

I know when I signed up for the Cinemax $.01 deal they told me I qualified for the free receiver but didn't know what I'ed do with it. Could I just keep it around as a spare for when my DVR fails?

Sure, the 510s would be free or dirt cheap!!!!

Ask them for a free 508, then you got something!!
(NO DVR FEE)

fred

There is no 508, its the 501 and dish doesnt make it anymore.

What sucks is that if you have a 501 and you need an ra, you will get a 510 hence the dvr fee.
501 is no longer in production , sorry.

I have a 508 as well. I kept it on the bedroom TV after we upgraded teh main TV receiver and service to HD. It never had ANY extra fees on it. No DVR fee, no additional access fee.... nothin'. Once I upgraded to HD they put an additional access fee on the 508. It *is* connected to a phone line as is my main receiver. I'm going to wait and see if the 612 actually materializes. Then I'll revisit the numbers. Otherwise I'll just hang on to the 508.

501, 508 and 510 are all the same except for the hard drive installed. If you upgrade a 508 to accept a 510 size hard drive it will actually list 510 in the sysinfo screen.

I thought the hard drives could not be upgraded. Has there been a way found to do this or do you have to take a hard drive out of a dead 510 or another Dish Network DVR with larger hard drive to do this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts