DISH NEW HD Press Release

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Yea, I remember you mentioning you had heard that EA/WA might become mandatory in the future (what E15 or whatever that new 61.5 satellite is called would be used for is anyone's guess).

As for the satellite, of course, FCC hasn't even given its approval and there is no evidence that Dish plans to use it for new HD for 61.5ers. We tend to hang our hats on rumors around here but, frankly, I don't see the downside to moving to EA now if you can and want to stick with Dish.
That's right because I'm hearing that plans are in the works to eventually move all national HD off of 61.5.

I've got my 1000.4 dish install scheduled....

I have two Dish 500; one gets 110/119 and the other 61.5 for locals. I plan to call Dish to have the Dish 1000 installed for the new channels. Both dishes are on the roof. Does anyone know if the Dish 1000 will fit on the same base as the Dish 500?

I have one dish 50l DVR in addition two a 722, 211k and a 622. Will the 501 be compatible with the Dish 1000?

Last edited:
well i would have to upgrade 3 sd receivers to mpeg 4..they better have a really really good deal or they can............

I'm getting INDIE AND RETRO channels in my package deal.. these channels new to me and don’t know much about it ..
Wondering these channels play movies like “UNCUT & Commercial free “ like HD MOVIES?/? or not
Anyone know?

I'm getting INDIE AND RETRO channels in my package deal.. these channels new to me and don’t know much about it ..
Wondering play movies “UNCUT & Commercial free “ like HD MOVIES?/? or not
Anyone know?

just another flavor of Encore

Sitting tight might not do any good, as we dont have anything official stating that these channels will EVER be moved to 61.5.

I have tried urging Dish to have a statement ready about this issue before the channels were made availavle and up until this time they have said nothing other that they were looking into it.

If I hear anything I will post it.
thanks..while your at it ask about a credit....:p;):devil:

Hats off to Dish...Its nice to see these HD additions.

Im sure dish will work out ways to get those with sat 61.5 switched over.

It would be foolish to leave all those good paying subs without new HD..

Im sure it will be worked out...
Dish is taking care of me, so I can't really complain. $15 is peanuts for a dish upgrade. It just sucks that they can't inform its customers of anything.

But Here is my Story.

When I signed up with Dish I had the 110,119,61.5 setup This was 2007.
Then I was wishing for a 1 dish solution. Finally dish came out with a 1000.4 for my area. But refused to upgrade me at all.
So I bought one from Ebay for $99 and Installed it myself.

That lasted untill I couldn't get All American Direct with this setup last Football season.
So I dropped my 1000.4 and put up a 500+ and a 500 Wing dish again.( 110,118.7,119,61.5) ( I wanted Euronews and here to find out its on the 61.5 anyway, It even defaults to the 61.5. Thanks again dish for the mis-information :rolleyes:)
Long story short , I had a 1000.4 but gave it to a friend of mine who has it on his vacation home.:(

Maybe if E* could stop Moving crap around and stick with a system that works for the entire lower 48 like the other satellite company does, people wouldn't have to call up and complain everyother month.;)
So now I need a wing dish with my 1000.4 Just to get AAD HD for next football season. What a crock!:(

Scott Greczkowski;2104602
Yes. :)

Thanks Scott u ROCK
U always notice US an advance and just like these HD channels & all just LOVE IT & THANKS ALOT :)

A lot of old programming was shot and mastered on film. It may take a while, but some of this programming may come out in HD.

For example, "Hogan's Heroes" on HDNet, Flipper, Thunderbirds, and UFO and the old Voom Family, and Star Trek (TOS) remastered (and now on blu ray).

Was flipping thru the new channels last night to get a feel for their HD. Agree about Hallmark having mostly older shows, but the movie that was on last night was HD. All the channels had some HD going, although I think Tru may be an HD stretcher on non-HD shows and commercials.

:rant: Not a peep regarding us mixed-arc losers.

Edited to add that Scott mentioned this very problem on his front page announcement.

Further edited to say that I don't really want to "upgrade" to an Eastern Arc dish because (1) I'd have to unhook all my switchgear in the attic, (2) lose all 4 outputs of my DP34 switch, (3) lose my mpeg-2 receiver option, and (4) take out all satellites at once during snowstorms or heavy rain. I've almost never seen all my mixed arc sats disappear at once, because their LOS is nearly 90 deg apart. I still own 2 mpeg-2 receivers, although they're not activated at the moment. We currently have two 612's and one 722 receiver connected via DPP33 switch.

It took talking to 3 levels of support, but I have my 1000.4 dish to cover 110/119/129, and they kept my 61.5 dish on. I now have all the channels, even if my house does look like it's ready to make contact with ET. ;) Another advantage for me now is that if I get another snow that sticks to my dish, it will now fall back on 129. This helps me because I can't reach the dish that catches 61.5, but I can easily reach the other.

My message to others that have 61.5 is to call Dish, and be persistent that it's wrong for you to pay the same amount for HD as everyone else, yet get fewer channels.

Although it's great to finally have BBCA HD, a problem remains. For example, Top Gear (my favorite) is a one-hour program (+/- 3 or 4 minutes, a bit casual). But by the time BBCA runs it about twenty minutes have hit the floor of the digital cutting room to make room for commercials. In the original there is a coherence among the lunacy that is lost when a third of the program goes away.

Top Gear's official web site offers the original uncut HD version in MKV format via finalgear dot com.

Doctor Who has a similar arrangement, but can not remember the link to it.

I understand the frustration the 61.5 people have over this but DISH could either launch the new HD for those that can get it or put it on hold for everyone while they fix their satellite problem.

Scott has hinted a few times that they HAD to launch (possiblly due to contracts with drop dead launch dates in them?)

Too many seem to be taking this as if DISH set out to screw them. 61.5 is on it's deathbed like 129 was a year ago. DISH has applied to move a sat over to help out, you will get your new HD.

Quote from my earlier posts.

Big time lurker, first time poster.

Just got off the phone with dish after about an hour of back and forth. I'm ending up coming out of pocket 64 bucks in order to get 129 or EA.

I'm at 110/119/61.5 now with what I believe is two 500's (Ones, a dual, but can't see the upper roof one duer to the snow) that were already on the house when i moved in less then a year ago.

I was told by the rep on the phone that in order to get the new HD channels I would have to upgrade to a new dish and it would cost me (forget the exact quote but it was not pretty). I told him that when I got the initial installation I asked the tech why I was not getting a newer style dish the tech told me that having two is better and should stick with what I had (I felt it was shady when he told me but I knew zero about dish stuff and just relented), after I told him that, the rep on the phone spent the next hour on and off of hold with me till he told me that best they could do is sell me a dish at half price ($49) and that in install would be $15 (DHPP). I agreed and I am setup for install on sat morning.

I'm not sure if I got screwed or not (I'm sure I got screwed by the tech on the initial installation), but the guy on the phone seemd to genuinely working hard to get me what I wanted (or is a good actor) so I'm ok with it.

I do have a question though, he told me about issues, specifically in Pennsylvania, about getting a good singal for what I need (129 or EA I assume). He then told me that the tech would either install either 300 series dish (I think that is what he said) or a 1000.2 depending on what would work best for me. Now, does anyone know if that is the case about the signal in PA and also should I insist on a specific dish (300 or 1000.2) regardless.

Any other suggestions would be awesome too, total newb here!
A little update to my earlier post, after reading kstuart's tutorial post about how to get the new HD if your on 61.5 I called back customer service, asked for a loyalty rep, told her what kstuart told me say with a bit of my own story sprinkled in, bing bang boom I'm good to go minus the dhpp fee, witch is all I expected to pay from the get go.

Thanks for taking the time to he me (us) out kstuart!

Say, does anyone have a dish for sale that will get the eastern arc. I live in NC and currently I have 61.5 110 & 119. I need to find out where my locals come from. Apparently it is time to go Eastern Arc all the way and I am gonna have to pay!:(

I guess I have to decide if I'm gonna call or not- have 61.5/110/119- Looks like i'd lose my local PBS stations on 110 but have them OTA. Are there any other channels(nationals) I would lose?

I live in Pittsburgh, and I currently have a Dish 1000 pointed at 110, 119, 118.7 and a side Dish aimed at 61.5. A couple of years ago, when I got the Dish 1000, the installer kept me on 61.5 instead of moving me to 129 because I have some tall trees to my south (on neighboring property) and he wasn't sure I would consistently clear the trees for 129. Recently I got a letter from Dish saying I needed to schedule an appointment with an installer, or I would risk losing channels. The installer came late in the day, and told me he wasn't there to actually change anything, just to survey my current setup. He looked at what I had, and agreed that getting 129 on the Dish 1000 in its current location was iffy. (The dish is on the lower corner of the roof, it could be moved a little higher, by attaching it to the Chimney at the peak of the roof, but of course they don't want to do that, and I would be left with holes in my roof once the current mounts are removed.) The installer told me he would just report back to Dish, so they would factor my reception issues in any future decisions they made. As I understand it, they currently mirror Pittsburgh HD locals on 118.7 and 129, and I assume they would like to get them off of 118.7. So now these new HD channels come along that are only on 129 or the Eastern Arc satellites. What are my options? What should I be asking for if I do call in to try get the new HD channels?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)