Dish News.... DHP / DVR Fees and More....

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Just got the following mailed to me, I have removed all the private dealer stuff. :)

Q4 PROMOTIONS:

Current DHP Extended: The current Digital Home Plan scheduled to expire on October 31, 2003 has now been extended until November 14, 2003. Keep selling Digital Home Plan like you have in the past, except effective 10/18/03, DISH Player-DVR 510 receivers are eligible in this promotion. Please remember that DISH Video-On-Demand Service fees will apply to DISH Player-DVR 510 in DHP.

Free DISH: Effective October 18, 2003, customers can now watch TV the way they want and take advantage of the Lowest DISH Video-On-Demand Service price in America. The Free DISH promotion now has a 3-room solution including a DVR or an HD receiver option. Customers subscribing to a minimum of America’s Top 50 or DISH Latino entertainment package pay $49.99 upfront and receive a $49.99 credit on their first month’s bill. If a customer agrees to a 1-year programming purchase they can choose from eligible receiver configurations: see below.

Free DISH Receiver Configurations for 1-Year Agreement
811*
301/301
301/301/301
510/301
811*/301
Free DISH Receiver configuration for 2-Year Agreement or $99
510/301/301
811*/301/301
* DISH 811 when available

The customer can upgrade to a DISH Player-DVR 510 and two DISH 301s or a DISH 811 and two DISH 301s if they agree to a 2-year programming purchase, or they can pay an additional $99 and remain in a 1-year agreement. The cancellation fee for subscribers in a 1-year agreement remains $240. The cancellation fee for subscribers in a 2-year agreement will be $240 if they cancel during the first 12 months, and the lesser of $240 or $25 per month for any remaining months during the second 12 months. Additionally, remind customers to take advantage of 3 Months Free of the DISH Network Value Pak with America’s Top 100 and free Standard Professional Installation. Valid major credit card, Social Security Number, credit score, minimum programming purchase and cancellation fees are required. Please note, DISH-Video-On-Demand Service fees apply for the DISH Player-DVR 510.

ADDITIONAL PROMOTIONAL NEWS:

• DISH-Video-On-Demand Service fee: We’ve listened to your feedback and now the DISH-Video-On-Demand Service fee for America’s Top 50 and DISH Latino packages and higher is only $4.98 per month. DISH-Video-On-Demand Service fees for America’s “Everything” Pak remains at $0. This change applies to all DISH Player-DVR 510, DISH Player-DVR 522, and DISH Player-DVR 921 receivers, for new and existing customers, regardless of the promotion.

No 811/510 option?

So what do they do if I call and subscribe to the 811 package? Do I get nothing until its released - or do I get a 301 for the interim?

Chris

I've always been confused about whether existing customers are eligible for DHP. Supposedly it is for new customers only, but I don't really understand the logic, especially if they are targeting new receivers like the 522 primarily for DHP.

Also, I can't wait to get my hands on a 522. My Dishplayer hard drive makes a loud whining noise at all times, and I just keep thinking "only a little while longer and I can be rid of that noise". Of course, I've been thinking that most of the year but the release date is elusive.

Scott Greczkowski said:
ADDITIONAL PROMOTIONAL NEWS
• DISH-Video-On-Demand Service fee We’ve listened to your feedback and now the DISH-Video-On-Demand Service fee for America’s Top 50 and DISH Latino packages and higher is only $4.98 per month. DISH-Video-On-Demand Service fees for America’s “Everything” Pak remains at $0. This change applies to all DISH Player-DVR 510, DISH Player-DVR 522, and DISH Player-DVR 921 receivers, for new and existing customers, regardless of the promotion.

Huh??? I am not seeing the change here? It almost sound like we were asking for this fee? What am I missing here?

The lack of a 721 on the list says a lot about the future of that product. I feel like I bought another DishPlayer with a few less bugs and no future.

Huh??? I am not seeing the change here? It almost sound like we were asking for this fee? What am I missing here?

They dropped the price for AT50 and Dish Latino by $5.

Now there is basically 2 tiers of DVOD fee instead of 3. AEP is $0 and all else is $4.98.

I guess the AT100 and AT150 customers aren't worth squat to Dish!

The equivalent users on DirecTV are not important to DirecTV either. The only way to get DirecTivo service for free (I believe) is to go with their version of the "everything" pack.

Randy_B said:

They dropped the price for AT50 and Dish Latino by $5.

Now there is basically 2 tiers of DVOD fee instead of 3. AEP is $0 and all else is $4.98.

I guess the AT100 and AT150 customers aren't worth squat to Dish!

No there's still 3 tiers because some of us are on the ANP "America's Nothing" plan. I get just the the locals and the HD Channels. So for now it looks like the VOD service fee will still be $10 in addition to the $5 service fee that they've always charged for not taking one of the Americas or Latino packages.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts