Dish NHL on OLN: Penguins vs. Sabres outage?

Is everyone still having the OLN NHL broadcasts blacked out on E*? Is there any new news on the OLN / Dish Network negotiations?

I'm pretty sure E* is not gonna budge. I think that OLN will have to be forced to remove the blackout by the NHL et al before the force providers in this lower package game any longer...

No Rangers vs. Panthers in NYC

Well it's a week later and I guess this dispute hasn't been resolved since I can't watch the Rangers/Panthers game in NYC and am just seeing basic programing. Hockey just came back and already annoyances.

This is abslolute BS!!! I'm a huge hockey fan and am disgusted by this crap! I normally watch the Bruins on NESN(who don't have a hi-def feed for DishNetwork). They're on OLN(who also don't have a hi-def feed for Dish) tonight and I'm looking at some Barbeque BS. Don't get me wrong, I love BBQ, but I want my friggin' hockey. I'm really tired of adding dishes to my house, adding antennas to my house to get local hi-def channels, having hi-def locals come in crappy and then this. Throwing money on top of money for aggrivation!
I can't believe the NHL left ESPN. What a screwup!
I'm pissed!
Sean

The tuesday night game is not exclusive. The game will also be on NESN and you can watch it there

If you are really upset with this - do what I did, file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. I started with the FCC, but they replied that false advertising was the Federal Trade Commisions responsiblity.

>You are receiving this email in response to your inquiry to the >FCC.

>Dear Sir;

>False advertising is handled by the Federal Trade Commission >(FTC). You may contact them at 877-382-4357 or www.ftc.gov .

>Thank you,
>TSR 49

>Rep Number : TSR49

If we can get enough people to file complaints, we might get somebody's attention to this matter.

roland

The game wasn't on NESN. Whoever dropped who, it was a mistake. OLN wins the contract for the NHL and then uses it against Dishnetwork. Trust me, I haven't the slightest idea what goes on behind the scenes of this stuff, all I know is that it's getting more difficult to watch what I want to on t.v.

Spatch said:
The NHL didn't leave ESPN. ESPN dropped the NHL.

Yeah, ESPN decided that poker was a sport -- a spectator sport, no less -- and decided they didn't need hockey....besides, they already have billiards and women's billiards. Do they still have log-rolling competitions? Chess can't be far behind...

Well when you pay millions for the rights to a seasons games that then aren't played and you get no money back I can see why you wouldn't want to do it again.

Folks,

If you are really upset about this mess with Comcast, OLN, and Dish Network - take some action and file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission for false advertising.

Start hitting them with enough complaints, and we might get something done.

roland

This is the response I received to the complaint I filed about the false advertising of Dish Network and Comcast. So, if people are really upset, and want something done - it is going to take a number of complaints about this!
-----

Re: FTC Ref. No. 6936318

Dear Roland Behunin:

This is in response to your recent complaint. The Federal Trade Commission acts in the public interest to prevent unfair and deceptive practices in the marketplace. Letters such as yours help us monitor activities and identify problem areas.

The Commission does not resolve individual complaints. However, the information you have provided concerning the practices of the company will be considered to determine what, if any, action should be taken by the Federal Trade Commission in the public interest.

Again, thank you for bringing your experience to our attention.

Sincerely yours,

Consumer Response Center

ahaha "National Hockey League Comissioner" was a puzzle on Tonight's Wheel of Fortune.

FU Bettman! heheh boo! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts