Dish Nightmare for my boss

OK getting somewhere

Sounds like the problem lies in the SD feed into a HDTV. Signal strength will not effect quality of the picture unless its pixelating.

Sounds like he needs single tuner HD receivers where there is a screen above 40+ inches.

KCSparky,

I thank you for the point and have a question. Why would he need a HD reciever for the Sony KDL-46W4150 TV which does have a screen size of 46"?
Would having a HD reciever feeding SD signal into a HD TV give that much of an improvement? I really need to understand.

I just do not understand. We have had the TV connected to the same reciever for over 4 years. The PQ was very acceptable sometimes great. Now, it is terrible. The only change I know of was the service and modifications listed at the first of this thread. And I checked the order of events again and they are in the right order.

If you have question of me, fire away. I need help and I am a nubie on a fast learn curve with your assistance. If there are pre-existing posted threads that discuss this I have not found them.

You don't understand why an HDTV should have an HD source????

Signal strength will not affect picture quality. Repeat, it WILL NOT affect picture quality.

Something has changed in the TV settings or in the way the Dish receiver is connected to the TV.

One of LCD's flaws is that SD looks terrible on them. You need to get him an HD box.

channel

Grounding question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts