Dish no longer offering the Everything Package?

I remember in 2000 or 2001 when $69.99 paid for AEP. That was when satellite tv was a real value. Now that won't even get you top 200 any longer.

It was a great value but also had half of the features and channels we currently have. That being said, I wish they could offer what they have now along with similar packages to what they had back then with similar pricing. I think Dish would see a huge surge in customers if they had a Top 60 package like they did years ago for $30.

Reactions: osu1991
I agree with the smaller packages. IF DISH would do a reorganization of all programming packs and break them down into more theme related packs -kind of like they did with SLINGTV , they might see their sat service stay around a bit longer. The ability to save money is the number one reason why most people have DISH and it something that DISH advertises all the time. Let us break up the packs in to smaller more manageable packs, that you can add or take away from to save money and I would be much happier.

The fact that they no longer really advertise AEP is proof to me that they need to make this change. You no longer save when you add the premium channels to your regular programming like you did back in 2000 or 2001 and they no longer comp the extra dvr fees or additional receiver fees when you do it either. These were major reasons why I kept AEP as long as I did. IF DISH continues to just hike the price every year with no more changes on the size of the programming packs, it will continue down the path of less subs each year.

Reactions: foghorn2
Perhaps DISH finally listened to all of the pissing and moaning about how the Everything package didn't include everything?

Why sell someone AEP up front if you can bulk them up when they call to cancel their free premiums?

Perhaps DISH finally listened to all of the pissing and moaning about how the Everything package didn't include everything?

Why sell someone AEP up front if you can bulk them up when they call to cancel their free premiums?
Seems to be the only way they get subs to take Premium move channels any more . Either 1/2 price or FREE for 3 months. I know I haven't paid full price for any premium movie channels in years due to the higher prices on them. Once they went past $10.00 a pack , I no longer saw any value to them. I am paying only $9.50 for HBO for 6 months and I had it for FREE 3 months before that. Once it goes to streaming stand alone option for $15.00, I expect DISH to practically pay you to sub to it them. I still think that they screwed up when DISH hiked HBO to $19.00 a month. Simply outrageous!

Seems to be the only way they get subs to take Premium move channels any more . Either 1/2 price or FREE for 3 months. I know I haven't paid full price for any premium movie channels in years due to the higher prices on them. Once they went past $10.00 a pack , I no longer saw any value to them. I am paying only $9.50 for HBO for 6 months and I had it for FREE 3 months before that. Once it goes to streaming stand alone option for $15.00, I expect DISH to practically pay you to sub to it them. I still think that they screwed up when DISH hiked HBO to $19.00 a month. Simply outrageous!

What do all other providers charge for HBO? Is the $19 price tag Dish's doing or HBO's?

Half off of HBO these days seems too much for me. Of course, other providers aren't exactly charging only $10 a month for HBO either. HBO produces some spectacular programming, and that costs money.

I remember in 2000 or 2001 when $69.99 paid for AEP. That was when satellite tv was a real value. Now that won't even get you top 200 any longer.

That's what it now costs me for just AT120 with no add-ons, and my OWNED VIP722k.

I only have the single receiver, and nothing else.

America's Top 120 = $59.99
DVR Service--------= $ 7.00
HD free for life-----= $ 0.00
State/local taxes---= $ 0.42
-----------------------------------
--------------------------$67.41

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Not just exclusive to Dish, prices have gone way up for every provider. There's a common denominator, and it's not Dish. I remember, think it was 1998 or 1999, I had Charter. I remember being pretty mad when my package went up to $40. I also remember the service would go out nearly every night between midnight and 1 am, as they were doing improvements in our area for a whole summer. I would stay up and watch Letterman, etc, and that used to make me so angry. I also remember any time I'd try to call, it would take 20+ minutes to get anybody.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)