Dish now promoting Welcome Pack??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I checkd out Ice`s Thumbnail and the Dish site and am not sure if the welcome pack includes locals and HD.
Can someone please answer that for me??

If locals are available in HD (and you have the right Dish) yes
also any freeview channels that have a HD counterpart you will get (like right now I have Style HD...not my cup of tea but whatever)
also if you add an add on item like Outdoor Sports or Heartland Package, same rules apply as freeview channels. Here is a thread when we found that out ;)
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/263099-mavtv-also-$3-month-la-carte.html

While anything is possible, I really wonder if they would raise there receiver fees. I think it puts them at a disadvantage for anyone who would like to have two DVR's but welcome pack does look like a nice basic channels for folks who want a basic set up

My Aunt on my third DISH account, has the Welcome pack + Encore pack (for the Western movie channel)and she pays $21.19 with tax included. She mostly watches network tv and she gets her locals in hd so she is happy. Back in 2009 I got her a 211k and added dvr software so she could dvr her soap ( Young and the Restless)every day. She also doesn't like paying more than $20.00 a month, so I eat the $1.19 cost and pay it for her.

My Aunt on my third DISH account, has the Welcome pack + Encore pack (for the Western movie channel)and she pays $21.19 with tax included. She mostly watches network tv and she gets her locals in hd so she is happy. Back in 2009 I got her a 211k and added dvr software so she could dvr her soap ( Young and the Restless)every day. She also doesn't like paying more than $20.00 a month, so I eat the $1.19 cost and pay it for her.

A good example of the weelcome pack :), I alomost see the welcome pack as a "advanced OTA" good for those who want there locals and a few extra channels as well.

thats one of the reasons I got the Welcome Pack. To get the locals and then use my OTA to basically duplicate what a DTVPal DVR does. (record 2 OTA shows at once...except its one sat and one OTA)

The extra channels are a bonus...and freeviews make it better :)

if any of yu have block buster movie be ware of makeing any changes. went in too the site this morning going to take way a super station i aded back when and it tode me i could onley have welcome or blcokc buster but not twogather. it wood not let me change anythang without taking it off which i didnt. beware of that. must be granfarthered in.

BB is no longer available to WP subs so yes you would be grandfathered in. You might have to PM one of the Dish (DIRT) folks to have them remove programming.

That is the downside of grandfathered packages...dont change anything

is nhl network know part of bb ? i get it with welcome pack and bb. i have for a few months now wanduring if they put it thare to replace some of the other thangs they lost in the channel porshon of bb

freeview of NHL Net right now

edit: no its not. Freeview is the 29th-1/2

I dont see NHL Net in my setup. If you sub to NHL CI its part of it

Last edited:
man ben a long free preeview. had it a few months now. will they just finley take the bb from me? i had finley got the corage and over nervousness of getting some1 to come hook me to hd but now mite not be worth it. i could probley add heartland on the side insted but holdsome programing is only ok. i want action like you get for some of the chanels on bb.

It looks like it is a "Lifeline" Package that some cable companies will offer. Dish probably figured it is a good idea to not let the Cable companies get a monopoly on that sort of income.

BengalsFan24 said:
is nhl network know part of bb ? i get it with welcome pack and bb. i have for a few months now wanduring if they put it thare to replace some of the other thangs they lost in the channel porshon of bb

Interesting. I have Blockbuster Movie Pass and the Welcome Package and am getting NHL Network on 157. I'm not currently a Center Ice subscriber (was last year) as I dropped it in favor of League Pass. I can't tell you how long it's been there as I usually only display a favorites list (all subscribed channels minus shopping) that includes whatever is listed as Free Preview on 102 - which NHL isn't until tomorrow. Maybe a change was made and it was put in BBMP? It isn't listed / advertised if it was.

BengalsFan24 said:
man ben a long free preeview. had it a few months now. will they just finley take the bb from me? i had finley got the corage and over nervousness of getting some1 to come hook me to hd but now mite not be worth it. i could probley add heartland on the side insted but holdsome programing is only ok. i want action like you get for some of the chanels on bb.

I wouldn't worry so much about the upgrade process. If you ask around you may be friends with someone that can recommend an individual who can install something. I know someone who is very good (and busy) so they are coming out today to check line of sight for 129. I would go ahead and upgrade - there are a lot of things I can't get because they are in HD only and I'm afraid they might add something I really want (WWE Network) in HD only. I didn't think much of it until seeing an NFL game in HD at my parents home and the difference was obvious. :)

15 year customer. Changed to the Welcome Pack about 3 months ago for economic reasons. When I signed up, I was told that the Blockbuster Movie could be added. Has that changed? If so, looks like I waited to long.

15 year customer. Changed to the Welcome Pack about 3 months ago for economic reasons. When I signed up, I was told that the Blockbuster Movie could be added. Has that changed? If so, looks like I waited to long.
On December 7th, DISH Network changed the eligiblity for the BBMP and it is no longer available to account with the Welcome Pack. I do apologize that it is no longer available on your account.

It looks like it is a "Lifeline" Package that some cable companies will offer. Dish probably figured it is a good idea to not let the Cable companies get a monopoly on that sort of income.

here in Minneapolis Comcrap has that. It costs more and has less channels
15.50 or something like that and it includes locals, CNN, TBS, WGN, C-Span, C-Span2, a few shopping channels and the public access stuff
If you have a digital TV you get the nets in HD, the subchannels in QAM and WGN HD so you dont need a box. Some of the lifeline stuff is up in the 100's or 200's so a box is needed

Dish still has the better bargain on that....they offer freeviews that you get. Lifeline you dont ;)

Our local cable company has something similar that my Dad was thinking of moving down to. After I told him about the Welcome Package he liked it more. The DISH package has more channels than the local cable company as well. I love the package honestly and if WWE Network were to be offered a la carte or as part of a package I can actually add to the WP it will suffice just fine for me.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)