dish now says im leasing my recievers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I had the same problem with my 508, it took a member of the retention team to resolve it once I said I was cancealing service. Then it magically became mine once again.

It is common for the csr's to want to add new receivers as leased when you call in. MAKE SURE you say it's purchased and verify that it shows up as purchased on their end before you hang up. Have them note the account that the receiver you are adding is purchased, may help later on.

Probably a good idea to remove the name and email address from your post.

All paperwork that you signed is held indefinately at a warehouse. If they need to they can have it pulled up, if it don't exist... then it don't exist.

I imagine that CSR at the executive office is thrilled to have his full name and phone number given out. I have dealt with them by email before and will not give out their name or phone numbers on the board. Scott should have someone delete the CSR info.

I had this happen in the last few days . I own a 522 that had been on my account before as owned and reactivated it friday telling the csr that it was mine and then 5 days later which was yesterday I looked at my bill online and it showed it as leased. I called in last night went through the first csr then her sup and then got to an "account executive" of course I was yelling and cussing the whole time which got me to the top pretty quick. So what they do is if you are not on the dhpp they put you on it and then say you have to have a leased rec to get dhpp, so then they change your rec to leased, this is a very underhanded move that I guess they hope people won't notice. This happened to me last year when I deactivated a 322 and it took 4 months to get it fixed because I did not realize what they were doing , so last night I jumped all over them right away and hopefully got it fixed, of course I was told last time it was fixed and they still wanted me to pay for the "leased rec " that I would not send back. It turns out that they have a seperate dept that takes over to repo a "leased rec" no matter what happens with the normal csr's notes, they are ignored till you threaten to cancel which I did and then the thing was resolved. I also got a few credits for my trouble but it was still not worth the trouble and the 5 calls I had to make. So if you are on dhpp watch out and if your not watch out, for those of you who own there own rec's.

I own three 622s and had this happen several times while I had E*. Each time, I was required to fax proof of ownership to their executive services group. How this could happen---since E* had no paperwork stating I leased the equipment---is beyond comprehension. The third time it happened I drafted a letter (threatened civil action) and had it forwarded through our family attorney. Problem solved! Someone finally grew a brain and made a note in my account that my 622s were owned and not leased. And yes, I did get four months of free service!

It is common for the csr's to want to add new receivers as leased when you call in. MAKE SURE you say it's purchased and verify that it shows up as purchased on their end before you hang up. Have them note the account that the receiver you are adding is purchased, may help later on.
Good advice! I always ask CSRs to verify the context of our discussion three times. In my case, it didn't work with E*.

- You just added my purchased receiver to my account...correct?
- The system now shows that my my receivers are owned and not leased...correct?
- Just to summarize our discussion, you added my purchased receiver to my account which you now show in the system as customer owned and not leased equipment...correct?
- Thanks you! May I please have your name and/or operator ID for my records?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts