dish now says im leasing my recievers

trackside13

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 16, 2007
Ive owned my 3 211s for two years and all of the sudden this month they now say thet are leased. Ive been on the phone for over an hour now and talked to 4 different people and all they say is that they come up as leased. Anyone ever had this happen or know how to fix it?

It happened to me shortly after I installed and activated my second (811) and third (622) receivers.

The first month my bill listed the "additional receiver access fee" for each unit which was correct. The second month they were changed to "leased receiver fees".

I had to send them copies of my sales receipt to get it changed back.

I had the same problem with an owned 622 when I cancelled service. I sent several copies of the receipt, and eventually asked them to show me a copy of the lease agreement.

It finally took escalation to ceo@echostar.com with a copy of the receipt attached before it was straightened out.

I lease all mine , But From what I was told unless you paid full price ,and have a receipt, Then they are leased.
that's right. i paid $150 for my 211 off of ebay brand new. a year after activating it they began to charge a lease fee for the 211. very convenient if you ask me.

2 hours on the phone and I have to try and find 3 year old reciepts off of ebay. This might be my last straw with dish. The funny thing is Ive "moved" so they dont even have my address that they could have sent them.

2 hours on the phone and I have to try and find 3 year old reciepts off of ebay. This might be my last straw with dish. The funny thing is Ive "moved" so they dont even have my address that they could have sent them.

So you've violated your TOS and they're trying to pad your bill.

Sounds like you two deserve each other! :p

So you've violated your TOS and they're trying to pad your bill.

Sounds like you two deserve each other! :p

That's probably a bit too harsh RedLine. Read around a bit and you will find that "moving" is a commonly played tactic and that Dish is well aware and co-operative.

As for the lease thing, I attribute it to incompetence. There seems to be a bunch of it that happened in a clump last fall.

Trackside, go ahead and escalate it. Challenge them to come up with lease agreements (politely of course). Explain the circumstances of your purchase. You may be able to work around the receipt issue. The key is to remain calm and polite, but firm. You need to get to the ceo group, because they are the only ones who can solve your problem.

They said they were emailing it to the promotions group whatever that means and that they would call me back. I was starting to loose my cool so I just left it at that. Im getting married on a cruise saturday so Im sure theyll call while im in the middle of the ocean. I just emailed the link above and I guess Ill just wait. I just dont understand how they can just change the status without me changing programming or upgrading or anything and then tell me tough luck if you dont have the reciepts.

I won a 211 during the last Tech Chat Chat and of course I don't have a receipt to show I paid for it. I haven't activated it yet but when I do and they start charging the lease fee, how do I prove I own it?

wow already got a reply-I'll let you guys know what happens

Dear Mr. Myers,

Thank you for your email and bringing your concern to our attention.

Your account information has been sent to our Promotion Team to change the status of your 211 receivers from leased to purchased. Please allow up to 2 weeks for this change to take place. The actual monthly billing will not be affected by the change of the status of the receivers. All additional receivers after the first receiver on each account are assessed an additional outlet fee. The name of the fee is based on whether the equipment is leased or purchased. Additional leased receivers are assessed a leased receiver fee, and additional purchased receivers are assessed an additional outlet fee. The only difference between leased and purchased receivers is that leased receivers are required to be returned to DISH Network upon disconnection of the account. We thank you for your patience in this matter and DISH Network appreciates your business.

I apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you and please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Gregory Wall
DISH Network Corporation
Executive Communications
Phone: (720) 514-7866
Gregory.wall@echostar.com

Probably a good idea to remove the name and email address from your post.

All paperwork that you signed is held indefinately at a warehouse. If they need to they can have it pulled up, if it don't exist... then it don't exist.

Probably a good idea to remove the name and email address from your post.

All paperwork that you signed is held indefinately at a warehouse. If they need to they can have it pulled up, if it don't exist... then it don't exist.

Yes. The e-mail of a CSR is confidential valuable information. Like the IRS's complaints hotline.

I won a 211 during the last Tech Chat Chat and of course I don't have a receipt to show I paid for it. I haven't activated it yet but when I do and they start charging the lease fee, how do I prove I own it?

I expect it was donated by the Dishstore.net. Send an e-mail to Claude. My 622 was something I upgraded from a 211 won at a satguys gathering a couple of years ago, and he was very nice about providing a duplicate receipt for me.

If it came from somewhere else, please don't bother Claude. Figure out where it came from instead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)