DISH Obsolete Receivers List

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The 111 was stated a while back as not having the 8PSK tuner and would need to be swapped out. It was a cheaper alternative and smaller than the 311 receiver a while back. Odd how a receiver that was made after the 311 which was 8PSK compatible ends up not being 8PSK compatible (like a step backwards).

IF that is all the receivers left , it will be much more simple for DISH or Echostar to maintain the software on those few boxes rather then boxes going back to 96 till today. I foresee some of the rest of these being obsoleted to get the list down even further. I see the Vip class and Hopper class will be the only ones left. That way they can maximize the fees that way.

I'd guess the normal churn rate has resulted in an increasing inventory of newer boxes. They are killing two birds with one stone, upgrading to boxes with better compression technology and reducing the suite of boxes customer service has to support.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
The 111 was stated a while back as not having the 8PSK tuner and would need to be swapped out. It was a cheaper alternative and smaller than the 311 receiver a while back. Odd how a receiver that was made after the 311 which was 8PSK compatible ends up not being 8PSK compatible (like a step backwards).

Actually it does have an 8PSK tuner. I had one and when I first tested it, it could not demodulate the 8PSK transponders. But months (or years?) later, I tested again and it worked. I too am mystified as to why Dish got rid of it. Perhaps some 111's did not have an 8PSK tuner.

Is Dish still even offering the 922 to new customers, or do you have to get one from a retailer or from an online store or eBay now?

I hope they use the increased bandwidth to lessen the compression. I love Dish but am annoyed that Direct has better looking HD.