Dish offered Me Free OTA antenna Install

I don't know what the qualifications for the offer are.. I am in the Charlotte NC DMA but I can receiver Columbia SC locals with off air antenna

What we need is a quad tuner and then Dish could do PTAT over OTA. :D
I hear that a new Air tv (made by DISH)will have 4 tuners come November and you can get it with an external hard drive included and record 4 shows at a time for no monthly FEE and all guide data for all channels and sub channels . IF you can't wait there is the 4 tuner Tablo ota dvr I have. It does commercial skip on all recorded shows except news and sports with complete guide data for all channels and sub channels. But it does have a fee or you can buy lifetime and then no more monthly fee. Both devices can be hooked up to your internet and streamed to other devices with the appropriate apps you can add to your devices.

Just kind of a side note to this discussion. A few days ago I call AirTV to ask about a product. The tech person on the other end totally disavowed any connection to DISH, even when I told him I was using his tv tuner on my Wally.

Every day for the next three days, I received a survey from DISH wanting me to rate my contact with "DISH". I haven't had any contact with DISH in a looonnnng time.

I hear that a new Air tv (made by DISH)will have 4 tuners come November and you can get it with an external hard drive included and record 4 shows at a time for no monthly FEE and all guide data for all channels and sub channels . IF you can't wait there is the 4 tuner Tablo ota dvr I have. It does commercial skip on all recorded shows except news and sports with complete guide data for all channels and sub channels. But it does have a fee or you can buy lifetime and then no more monthly fee. Both devices can be hooked up to your internet and streamed to other devices with the appropriate apps you can add to your devices.

I would definitely get one of these and maybe drop my Dish locals. I would keep my dual tuner for the Wally in the motorhome and put the quad model on the Hopper 3.

My install occurred today in the DC area. I was assured prior during my chat that the antenna would be external. I had an antenna located in the attic which picked up all my locals plus several Baltimore stations. However, I only had the single tuner USB dongle.
The tech installed an indoor antenna because I "lived too close to the towers". Of course the indoor antenna picked up only a third of the channels that I had previously. I lost the Maryland stations plus my local PBS station. It wasn't the tech's fault due to this policy, but at least he installed the dual tuner USB dongle. I chatted with Dish afterwards and they would not budge. The could install an outdoor antenna for around $140, which I declined. I re-attached my attic antenna and I decided to drop the local Dish channels. Oh well, I can also pick up and record locals via my Fire Recast which feeds 4 TVs.

Reactions: MikeD-C05

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)