DISH Offers Expansive Movie Selection for Free Preview During July Movie Bonanza

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH Offers Expansive Movie Selection for Free Preview During JulyMovie Bonanza

ENGLEWOOD,CO -- (Marketwire) -- 07/06/12 -- DISH (NASDAQ: DISH)

• Free preview of seven distinct ENCORE channels, ENCORE HD, MOVIEPLEX and INDIEPLEX HD
  • Available to all DISH customers through July 24th
  • "The Social Network," "Secretariat," "The Green Hornet," nineteen
    James Bond titles and hundreds of more movies available this month
During the month of July, all DISH(NASDAQ: DISH) customers can enjoy a wide variety of recently released andclassic movies at no charge, as the satellite-TV provider offers a summer moviespecial with free previews of seven distinct ENCORE channels (including bothENCORE HD East and ENCORE West), ENCORE HD, MOVIEPLEX and the INDIEPLEX HDpremium movie channels.

Through July 24th, the free preview will provideDISH subscribers access to the two-part ENCORE Original event"Thorne," hundreds of great movies including "The SocialNetwork," "Secretariat," "The Green Hornet" andnineteen classic movies from the action-packed
James Bondcollection.

INDIEPLEX HD delivers in July high-definition movies from outsidethe ordinary straight to your living room, such as "The Madness of
KingGeorge," "Cookie's Fortune" and "Wonderland."

"DISH is about movies; we provide more options than any otherpay-TV provider," said
Dave Shull,senior vice president of Programming at DISH. "The strong complement of movieand premium programming offered by the ENCORE and 'PLEXservices is a great vehicle to be on display in July for our customers. Thisfree preview gives a taste of the options through our programming packages andservices."
The free preview channel lineup includes:

• ENCORE, channels 340 (ENCORE HD East) and 341 (ENCORE West)
  • ENCORE WESTERNS, channel 342
  • ENCORE ACTION, channel 343
  • ENCORE SUSPENSE, channel 344
  • ENCORE DRAMA, channel 345
  • ENCORE LOVE, channel 346
  • ENCORE FAMILY, channel 347
  • MOVIEPLEX, channel 377
  • INDIEPLEX HD, channel 378
Normally, the seven distinct ENCORE channels and MOVIEPLEX areavailable to DISH subscribers through the America's Top 250™ or the America'sEverything Pak™ programming packages. ENCORE SUSPENSE, INDIEPLEX HD andMOVIEPLEX are available to subscribers of DISH's Blockbuster @Home package,which includes more than 20 high-definition channels, a by-mail movie-discservice and thousands of streaming movies available online and throughInternet-connected DISH set-top boxes.

Oh god no... not another James Bond marathon! :eek:

Granted, I liked them originally so I could get them DVR'd, but now that I have them, I don't need anymore marathons, so they can stop showing them. ;)

Reactions: SandFarmer
Add another movie for the Hopper/Joey folks. Starring Hopper and Joey. Making it's entertainment debut is S213!!! S213 plays the part of an evil villan. He sneaks into peoples homes and makes thier TV viewing experiance a living nightmare. The role of the co star with the screen name of "THE PI$$ED OFF WIFE!!!, is being filled by my very own "PI$$ED OFF WIFE"!!! Name of the movie "Red Button Reboot". Comming soon to a Hopper/Joey near you.:D

Reactions: SandFarmer
They never play From Russia With Love. That's up there with Octopussy, Dr. No, Moonraker, and Goldfinger. Roger Moore is still the best James Bond in my opinion.

Back on topic, why wasn't Retroplex included?
Octopussy and Moonraker couldn't lick Dr. No, Fromm Russia With Love, and Goldfinger's boots. The only Roger Moore films that compare with the first five of Sean Connery are The Spy Who Loved Me (whose basic plot was taken from You Only Live Twice) and For Your Eyes Only, a vastly under-rated Moore Bond that features some of the best action and stunt work in the series, without resorting to stupid gimmicks. I never seem to see that one listed in one of these constant Bond marathons.

The free preview channel lineup includes: [/COLOR]

• ENCORE, channels 340 (ENCORE HD East) and 341 (ENCORE West)
  • ENCORE WESTERNS, channel 342
  • ENCORE ACTION, channel 343
  • ENCORE SUSPENSE, channel 344
  • ENCORE DRAMA, channel 345
  • ENCORE LOVE, channel 346
  • ENCORE FAMILY, channel 347
  • MOVIEPLEX, channel 377
  • INDIEPLEX HD, channel 378
No Retroplex HD? That channel rocks.

GaryPen said:
Octopussy and Moonraker couldn't lick Dr. No, Fromm Russia With Love, and Goldfinger's boots. The only Roger Moore films that compare with the first five of Sean Connery are The Spy Who Loved Me (whose basic plot was taken from You Only Live Twice) and For Your Eyes Only, a vastly under-rated Moore Bond that features some of the best action and stunt work in the series, without resorting to stupid gimmicks. I never seem to see that one listed in one of these constant Bond marathons.

I guess we draw the line here. That's up there with Sports rivalries, politics, religion, and Trekies vs. Star Wars fans. I have to agree the overall Connery films' plot lines were better, but I still believe Moore made a better and more believable Bond.

Nice touch for the summer months, even of you don't watch much tv in the summer you can load up the dvr for fall/winter!

dangue said:
This just reminds me that the Encore channels are not offered in HD.

Yeah, it is a shame too. I would actually watch them if they were.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

I guess we draw the line here. That's up there with Sports rivalries, politics, religion, and Trekies vs. Star Wars fans. I have to agree the overall Connery films' plot lines were better, but I still believe Moore made a better and more believable Bond.

Actually neither of those Bonds looks like the actual Bond (as described in the books). Timothy Dalton is the one that looks more like the descriptions in the book, the only thing missing was the scar in the face and he was too thin.

Not to mention he looks a lot closer to Ian Fleming's description of Bond, James Bond, than Sean Connery ever did. ;)

Both are wrong, James Bond is supposed to look like this guy (the one on the left), and he looks more than Dalton. Moore has a "nice guy" looking face, not dark/cruel like Bond has, Dalton and Craig have that face, none of the others do.

BTW, not talking about best movies/best acting Bonds, just looks. Anyway we can all agree that James Bond is the *worst spy in the world*, a spy should be invisible and Bond always brings too much attention to himself... :)

Last edited:
Oh god no... not another James Bond marathon! :eek:

Granted, I liked them originally so I could get them DVR'd, but now that I have them, I don't need anymore marathons, so they can stop showing them. ;)

I recorded "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" this morning. Personally, I think it's one of the best, if not THE best Bond movie ever made.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)