DISH Offers Expansive Movie Selection for Free Preview During July Movie Bonanza

Faw said:
Actually neither of those Bonds looks like the actual Bond (as described in the books). Timothy Dalton is the one that looks more like the descriptions in the book, the only thing missing was the scar in the face and he was too thin.

Both are wrong, James Bond is supposed to look like this guy (the one on the left), and he looks more than Dalton. Moore has a "nice guy" looking face, not dark/cruel like Bond has, Dalton and Craig have that face, none of the others do.

BTW, not talking about best movies/best acting Bonds, just looks. Anyway we can all agree that James Bond is the *worst spy in the world*, a spy should be invisible and Bond always brings too much attention to himself... :)

I was referring to acting.

I guess there's no real solution, but another freeview for everyone but those who pay for the most programming.... :(

I guess it's reward enough just to be a Dish subscriber.
LaughingSmiley.gif

...but I still believe Moore made a better and more believable Bond.
I usually found him cartoonish and a little too pretty. He was great in The Saint, though.

Not to mention he looks a lot closer to Ian Fleming's description of Bond, James Bond, than Sean Connery ever did. ;)
Actually, Timothy Dalton was closer to Fleming's description, iirc.

I recorded "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" this morning. Personally, I think it's one of the best, if not THE best Bond movie ever made.
It's a great Bond movie. The stunt work in For Your Eyes Only is obviously influenced by it. (And, the basic plot of FYEO was obviously inspired by From Russia...)

The best plot, but the worst Bond.
Not necessarily. It can be argued that Pierce Brosnan didn't quite fit the role. And, people do seem to hate Timothy Dalton. (although I thought he was OK, and liked his two movies, as well.) As odd as it may seem, there are Craig Daniels haters, too.

Ah yes. Was that George Lan-something or other. He didn't seem to fit the part.
He was OK. People were so used to Connery, that anybody would have been disappointing at that point. He was asked to do it again, actually. It was he who turned continuing the role down! In retrospect, he regrets that decision for obvious reasons.

See James Bond - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia for Ian Fleming's commissioned drawing. Doesn't look like Dalton to me!
I was going by the written description in the novels.

But, if you put a full head of hair on that drawing, it looks exactly like Timothy Dalton. It also looks nothing like Roger Moore. And, a wee bit like Sean Connery, mostly due to the hairline.

I've enjoyed the Bond marathon... I wish however that they'd have shown them in FULL widescreen.
I won't subscribe to movie channels that hack the picture to fit the screen. I don't understand why they do this. Perhaps in the Bond case, to sell the blu-ray set's to people that want to see the WHOLE movie... lol..

robstudio said:
I've enjoyed the Bond marathon... I wish however that they'd have shown them in FULL widescreen.
I won't subscribe to movie channels that hack the picture to fit the screen. I don't understand why they do this. Perhaps in the Bond case, to sell the blu-ray set's to people that want to see the WHOLE movie... lol..

If the channel is HD, shouldn't it fit a full-widescreen HDTV without being hacked?

If the channel is HD, shouldn't it fit a full-widescreen HDTV without being hacked?
Yes, it should... just to clarify.. if the original film format is full widescreen, it will have black bars on the top and bottom on a HDTV. I realize some dislike the black bars. HDNET doesn't hack most movies... Encore shows some true format as well... for those who hate the black bars there is a zoom button.

The Fat Man said:
They never play From Russia With Love. That's up there with Octopussy, Dr. No, Moonraker, and Goldfinger. Roger Moore is still the best James Bond in my opinion.

Back on topic, why wasn't Retroplex included?

From Russia With Love just aired last night, Friday, on Encores Bond marathon

This just reminds me that the Encore channels are not offered in HD.

That why after a very brief upgrade to the 250 pack, I went back to the 200 pack. Personally, I hate having to watch movies on a HDTV when they are only in SD. It's not that the SD looks that terrible, it's just the point that I paid good money for a nice HDTV any everything does look better in HD, along with the sound quality. I rather rent the movie on Blu-ray from Blockbuster by mail, then watch a SD version of it.

Ghpr13:)

your smiley gif..........

I guess there's no real solution, but another freeview for everyone but those who pay for the most programming.... :( I guess it's reward enough just to be a Dish subscriber.
LaughingSmiley.gif
Forgive me, but, I just had to grab your Smiley gif. I you have a problem, please let me know.......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)