Dish on a pole + drought = losing recordings

goresnet

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 22, 2008
When I got Dish about 4 years ago, I got the top 250 (no HD). About a year after that, I got my first HDTV, so I upgraded to Absolute HD, and added some international channels. When I did this upgrade, the guy came out and added a dish, but he put it on a pole, instead of on the side of the house, like the first dish was. With the drought, the ground is pulling away from the pole, and these very strong winds are moving my dish. I keep getting complete signal loss, and miss recordings. I go outside and adjust, works for a day or two, then out again.
Original dish is a 500, with a small lnb (round opaque) on it. The other dish, on the pole, is a dish network plus, with a small lnb (round opaque) and a bigger lnb (with a clear eye shaped lens). I don't currently have the DPP. Should (or can I even) get Dish out here to mount the pole to the house? Is there a way to get all my lnb's on one dish, on the house mount? What do they charge for something like that, with and without the DPP?
Currently, adjusting it myself, I see 129, 188 (poorly), and 110. When I do a check switch, it tells me I'm seeing less sat's than I used to, so I cancel that. I don't recall what sat I am not seeing now, with my adjusting, but I don't miss any channels except my international. So 119, I'm thinking. Anyway, HELP! Pole mounts suck in drought!

Last edited:
A 1000+ should get you 110/118/119/129. Don't know why you didn't get that dish when you upgraded to HD and added international channels.

I don't know either. The guy seemed ok. Upgraded me to a 722. I didn't want the 622 (silver didn't pass the wife). How can I get the 1000+?

Sent from my Thunderbolt using SatelliteGuys

Check with one of the Dirt members here they will fix you up.Oh and if you don't have the protection plan I recommend getting it,certainly worth $6 a month.

But give MattG,TonyT,or MaryB a pm they will help ya get it fixed.

Pm sent. Thanks teehar and Ray.

I was a bit skeptical going through a new dirt guy, but Ray was very helpful. He got me taken care of.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts