Dish On Demand 4:3 on a 16:9 movie...just a glitch???

Ghpr13

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 1, 2009
Louisville, KY
Last night I watched Blind Side via Dish On Demand. For the first 6 minutes or more, the movie was in 4:3 instead of 16:9. At first I thought some one messed with my picture settings, but I checked the settings on both the 722k and my Sammy LCD. Both were set to 16 X 9. I paused the movie twice, once about 2 minutes into it, and then again at about the 6 minute mark. After the second pause it "kicked" into 16 X 9. Then it stay in 16:9 for the rest of the movie. Also after the second pause, I did a rewind for about 40 sec, and when I stop it was back at 4:3, but as soon as I pressed play it went to 16:9.
One other thing I had noticed. When I was on the Dish On Demand menu page, the outside edges of the menu page kept flickering, like they were getting larger then smaller, if you can understand what I'm saying.
I was really upset at first because I couldn't understand why the movie was in 4:3. You could see where parts of the actors names were being cutoff because of the 4:3. I was getting all ready to call Dish and complain until after that second pause. Once it finally kicked into 16:9, it was fine...good movie too! IMO
Strange...
Ghpr13:confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)