Dish on Demand on 622 & 722

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

drjdan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
Dallas, TX
I have a 622 and have a bunch of movies list on Dish on Demand. They appear to be SD.

I just got a 722 and it has one listed (There Will Be Blood) and it shows to be HD.

Questions:

Why does the 622 not have any HD movies?

Why does the 722 only have one HD and no SD movies?

Are the SD movies wide screen format? Are they equal to DVD quality?

I have a 622 and have a bunch of movies list on Dish on Demand. They appear to be SD.

I just got a 722 and it has one listed (There Will Be Blood) and it shows to be HD.

Questions:

Why does the 622 not have any HD movies?
The 622 was not set up to do HD movies, it would need a bigger hard drive like the 722 has.

Why does the 722 only have one HD and no SD movies?
Don't know, it should have both.

Are the SD movies wide screen format? Are they equal to DVD quality?
The info for the movie should say 'Letterbox' if it is widescreen, just like the PPV channels do. I would doubt they would be dvd quality as a lot are 1080p and no sat or cable provider sets up any of their channel that high. They should look about the same as what Dish is supplying you with now.

The 622 should have plenty of room to download an HD movie from on demand, the extra GBs on the 722 would just let you download more.

Dish has some work to do for their VOD.

They suck compared to DirecTV and Cable.

Nothing free yet, while the others offer 100s of hours of free content from every major channel.

Dish seems to see VOD as another way to squeeze money out of us.

I've been waiting for Dish to kick VOD butt, but instead, they are not really doing much - certainly not offering a VOD service I would use. I do use Comcast VOD often when visiting family. DirecTVs VOD is in beta, but the offerings are wondrous.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)