Dish On Demand rental period question

David Taylor

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 5, 2005
I've been watching The Wire off of Dish on Demand on my VIP612. Back when I was on the early seasons, I would load half a season or so up so that I didn't have to wait for them to download. It would say my rental period was 30 days. A few days ago I noticed that as I loaded the first 4 episodes of season 5, the rental period was like 5 days. Today, I downloaded 4 episodes and it said they would expire in 2 days. I don't get it.

I watched all of the Sopranos the same way and the rental period was always 30 days.

All in all it doesn't really matter. If it expires, I can just go "rent" it again (yes, it is free of course since I am an HBO subscriber). I'm just trying to figure out what is going on with Dish on Demand. Has anyone else noticed this?

I'd be surprised if HBO made a distinction on how long I can have these episodes on my DVR. Especially between epsiodes 1-4 of season 5 and episodes 5-8.

Last edited:
It probably has something to do with the last day of the year being in 2 days (from when you tried it).

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts