DISH Online Chat

kappy44

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 3, 2006
Attached is a conversation I had via chat support with DISH this morning....kinda long, but my frustration is seen through the discussion....nice that I got 3 free movies, but they still have some issues to resolve and I hope DISH representatives that are members here will pass it on in their organization.

Attachments

• dishchat7.7.11.doc
    31 KB · Views: 276
I have passed the chat on to my supervisor. As far as the issue you are having with the grid not displaying that is a known issue that we are aware about and are working on getting resolved. There is actual a thread that is talking about it (http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/259985-dishonline-broken-again.html) She said she was submitting a Technical Problem Report but I don't see her ask what the address bar said. Is it possible to get that from you? As far as the mobile apps not working on WP7, I have personally passed that on. I currently have a HD7.

Thanks...I will check out the address bar tomorrow when I will try to duplicate the issue....part of the windows phone issues have to do with the lack of a platform for flash player wp7 has zune and I have a wp6.5 because I need business applications and syncing with my laptop in moving folders between both....wp7 does not allow this as microsoft is getting a lot of complaints on both issues. Droid and Blackberry apps don't cut it for business work that I do.
Please note in the chat discussion that many movies and shows don't pull up and you are left with the spinning wheel on the screen "infinite loading"...click on saltwater fishing and many shows under that header when clicked on don't pull up.

Just fyi.. I looked over that chat.. its mild by comparison.. mild meaning the level of frustration the dish rep caused... you should try explaining to a chat rep that you've checked several other channels, the problem doesn't occur there.. and they keep repeating the question "is this the only channel it happens on?".

As to the some of the confusion.. keep in mind you can get more specific by saying Dish Remote Access .. as opposed to Dish Online .. those are the two different sites with two different base capabilities and those are the names dish has given them, under the "My Account" menu selection from www.dishnetwork.com ... and as opposed to manually going to "www.dishonline.com" .. such as in reading your parts of the chat.. I wasn't sure exactly which way you were accessing, though I thought I started realizing you were trying both DishOnline and DishRemoteAccess.

The more specific and detailed you can be when chatting a tech ... even though they should hopefully be aware of some of the hot button issues, the better a chat tech *should* be able to jump around their scripts of "what is the customer trying to tell me" and "what can I do or eliminate from troubleshooting".

Thanks....the remote acess issue is now resolved...fyi the issue started by going to dish homepage, clicking login....logging in, clicking set my dvr, being asked whether I want to click on the remote access button or the dishonline button and then clicking on the remote access button. I have entered through dish online and that works....the sooner they take down the two options the better. As to availability of programming there are still quite a few shows that you choose and they do not download and open up. In essence I had two problems one with remote access and one with dishonline...one down...one to go.

When you say content I'm assuming then you mean shows on DishOnline and not Dish Remote Access ... you can enter Dish Remote Access .. but they have that popup that asks to take you to DishOnline instead .... and its knowing that you're on DishOnline, either by manually typing in www.dishonline.com or by following a link that in the end lands you at DishOnline .. that makes troubleshooting what you're seeing understandable.

So if at DishOnline.com ... what's some of the content that you've tried that doesn't work? And do you get an error for attempting? (name the show/movie and the network it was coming from .. ie.. hbo, "Percy Jackson ..." etc..

Also need to know the browser you're using and its version .. DishOnline has two parts.. first part is the DVR & Sling ... the other part is what I call Content Aggregation ... the content you can play comes from HBO, Starz, Epix, etc.. and in those contents, some are protected by additional DRM .... made by Widevine Media.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)