Dish online false advertisement

hajson7812

Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
usa
I was surfing the dish online on my receiver.
I found free movies, some were sd and some were hd for free.
So i got the movies and watched them, next thing i know i am on the phone.
They charged me for free movies, that i have proof they say free.:mad:

Well customer service, said the ones that say hd free are saying free hd for life.
So i asked if that is true i guess the ones that say sd free are advertising sd free for life huh?
They said no, we don't have any free movies, they got all defensive.
So i said well it is what you call false advertisement, i have pictures to prove this.
Give me an email address and i will email them to you.

So they put me on hold then tried to see for themselves on a receiver.
They come back and said they don't see this at all on theirs.
Which is odd, because it has been happening on mine for months.

So here are the pictures if you want to see them..
I hope none of you have to go through this with them.
They offered me coupons for 2 free movies.
I was like why would i want them if you don't offer any free movies?
I took them anyways, just to get them off the phone..

Attachments

• 100_0732.JPG
    100_0732.JPG
    502.3 KB · Views: 1,017
  • 100_0731.JPG
    100_0731.JPG
    451.1 KB · Views: 1,532
Yes, those pictures show:
SD free
HD $6.99
1080p $6.99
looks like you need new glasses

Which did you order? SD or HD? In your pictures, you only show ones that have SD free. Do you have pictures of ones that are HD free? I've seen a few movies that were SD free and I watched them (in SD) and was not charged.

It's a completely legitimate complaint if you saw one that said HD free and were charged for watching it. (Seeing as this new VOD interface hasn't been out too long, it wouldn't shock me if there were issues with it).

From your post, it seems that English may not be your first language. However, it appears you know what HD is and it is very clear on your thumbnails that the HD movies are $6.99. I am curious as to why you posted these thumbnails as "proof" that Dish is guilty of false advertising...

Are these the particular movies that you thought you saw HD for Free on? Or were there different movies that showed HD for Free?

False?

So what was false, as other said what you posted was SD free and 2 types of HD cost 6.99. So I don't see that you were rooked at all. You just ignored the HD 6.99 when you saw the word free.

Yep. Maybe "(NOT)" needs to be added to the thread title. Or at least a question mark.

What receiver is this off of? Sorry I have a 922 and the dish online looks nothing like this, just figured I'd get something out of looking at this thread

Actually it does NOT say HD Free.

It says: SD Free (3 spaces) HD 6.99 (3 spaces) 1080P 6.99

The spacing makes it obvious that the HD/1080P versions cost $6.99 but that the SD version is free.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)