Dish Online Secret Handskake?

llokey

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 11, 2005
There must be some way to get to my dvr recordings via dishonline but I just don't know what it is. I can watch live recordings - including the OTA channels. However when I try to access my dvr recordings, I am told the dvr is offline. I try to reconnect but to no avail. All of this occurs on IE. On chrome I'm just asked to load the plugin over and over.

Does anyone know the secret handshake?

Update: I can watch the recordings on my android app.

Larry

Last edited:
I had the same issue despite reports that DishOnline is much more reliable now than DRA. My "secret handshake" was just to click on the reconnect button after going to "DVR/My Recordings"...and then some combination of hitting the refresh button (arrows in a counter-clockwise orientation) an unspecified number of times.

Well now I know the secret handshake. Of course today I was not disconnected, I just had no recordings and no timers. I logged out and then back in and refreshed about six times and it started working. This has got to be one of the worst add-in's I have ever seen but as long as I have 10 minutes before I want to start watching, I guess I should be okay. Thanks for the help.

Larry

Last edited:
DO is pretty unreliable and bug-laden. I wonder why Dish has never fixed it? I have a feeling it either that management doesn't know to what extent it is broken, or they do but don't want to pay for a proper web design team to fix it, or, most likely, both.

They also think they are making more money when we go to DishOnline, simply to manage our DVRs or watch something from our Sling Adapter, and buy a PPV movie too. (I personally don't find watching movies on my PC acceptable, so I never do that.)

It's currently being worked on and addressed.
As it has for years. I wonder what makes this time so different?

FWIW, your replies often have the over-confident air of someone with inside info, such as an employee, retailer, or long-time advanced user. Yet, you are often wrong on even the most basic Dish topics. You might wanna back off on the definitive I-know-this-as-a-fact style of writing. And, occasionally start off with "From what I understand..." or "Somebody from Dish told me..." or "Word on the street is...", something like that.

As it has for years. I wonder what makes this time so different?

FWIW, your replies often have the over-confident air of someone with inside info, such as an employee, retailer, or long-time advanced user. Yet, you are often wrong on even the most basic Dish topics. You might wanna back off on the definitive I-know-this-as-a-fact style of writing. And, occasionally start off with "From what I understand..." or "Somebody from Dish told me..." or "Word on the street is...", something like that.

Finally someone with the same sentiment... Apparently he's a Dish Employee yet doesn't want to admit it for some reason. See this thread :-

http://www.satelliteguys.com/threads/299307-2-Hopper-Integration/page3

Sent from my iPad 2 using SatelliteGuys

Finally someone with the same sentiment... Apparently he's a Dish Employee yet doesn't want to admit it for some reason.
He always writes as if he's an employee. Yet, he's often been wrong about some very basic stuff. That's why I was thinking "overenthusiastic satguys newbie" and "Dish fanboy", which can be a dangerous combination. But, Scott made it sound like he's an employee. So, I guess he probably is. It's always nice to get legitimate insider info!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)