Dish Online sucks...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Today, keeps telling me computer was able to connect but connection was interrupted. Then tells me if it continues to not work, to reset my device. Now how the **** am I supposed to do that when Im not at home, idiots.

Amusing thing, I can get on and connect with the iPhone app just fine, so... Every time I actually try and watch something on the laptop, it either won't connect, needs a plugin update, or sling SW update. I mean damn Dish, it's simple, I just want to watch the GD game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have the same issue.

TV EVERYWHERE is GREAT when it works. However it never seems to work when I want it to.

DISH has a LONG WAY to go on making TV EVERYWHERE usable for the masses.

Very frustrating, I mean whats the point. I dont always want to watch it on a 3.5" screen. They need to allow you to remotely reset the damn thing.

You need to get a Motorola Android phone, it comes with a standard dock with hdmi interface, so you can actually watch on your big screen anything from your phone.

I have no issues at all. And when I want to watch HBO on demand, I use my recently acquired Roku 2 anyway. Dish just enables me to use it, need it to sign in. Also applies with Epix, also on the Roku 2, that I use my Roku account to acccess. And I can now access Speed2.com so I can watch the Le Mans Cup and FIA GT1/GT3 races. My laptop has HDMI out. And my receivers are all connected to the internet.

I have the same issue.

TV EVERYWHERE is GREAT when it works. However it never seems to work when I want it to.

DISH has a LONG WAY to go on making TV EVERYWHERE usable for the masses.

Scott is exactly right here. I'm pretty technical, and it has taken a bit to get it working. With the release of the 721 version of the software for the 722 DVR at the beginning of October, things went from tolerable to unusable. Every day the DVR thinks it is offline, although it does show an IP address. If I renew the address then remote access works for a while, but then I have to do this again and again.

Since it is impossible to renew the remote access remotely, once the DVR can't connect, you are hosed if you are anywhere else but home.

Dish needs to:

1) Fix the current software on the 722 so it doesn't keep dropping (or forgetting) the Internet connection.
2) Have a way to remotely reset the IP address. I know if you don't have an Interenet connection that Dish can program your DVR via the satellite - there should be an option on their web page that would reset your DVR IP address via a command from the satellite.

I really like your #2. With Directv, you are able to send a shot out to the DVR, if you are missing nely added channels, just from their website.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)